Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Pretty sure the exact same or very similar was in the guardian a while back too

The most recent interview with Bruce in The Guardian is this one from July:

They did also review one of his solo shows:

Yeah the first one might have been what I was thinking of, obviously that's not the same interview as the Times one.

My wife has a little one-bed apartment in Paris and it’s our rabbit hole. I’ve still got a house in London, so I come back all the time. And because of post-Brexit rules, which I have to obey like everyone else, I can’t live in Paris for more than 90 in 180 days…

I have only just realized what he's saying here.
Can someone explain this to me?
I thought he was married? If you are married to a German citizen, for example, then you certainly don't have to leave your wife and the country after 90 days.

I thought he was married? If you are married to a German citizen, for example, then you certainly don't have to leave your wife and the country after 90 days.
It could be a question of taxes.

As a British citizen, the muppet cannot spend more than a certain amount of time in the EU post-Bruxit.

That could obviously change if/when he gets his French passport though. Or if he wants to live in the EU he could apply for a work visa. Not sure that is his intention though…

So glad my daughter, as a dual British-EU citizen does not have to suffer from this Bruxit foolishness…

Last edited:
Aha, thank you very much for your answers.
In Germany, the problem would have been solved with the marriage.
But the tax aspect also sounds plausible. It often depends on how many days you stay where.
Or he has convinced his wife that he is now unfortunately obliged by law to leave… :D

He says several things that suprised me. Also about the house in London, I had heard he sold it and had bought flats around the worls instead. Maybe just a rumour. Maybe he just tried to sell.

He says several things that suprised me. Also about the house in London, I had heard he sold it and had bought flats around the worls instead. Maybe just a rumour. Maybe he just tried to sell.

He did try alright, the advertisement was posted on here with photos of all the rooms etc.

I see his bedtime habits have not changed much since the late 80s / early 90s. I recall reading an interview from that era when he was asked out of curiosity when he usually wakes up because he doesn´t seem like a typical rock n roll bloke who rolls out of sofa at 4 in the afternoon and sniffs some leftover coke for breakfast. He answered about 9-9:30 and not doing that stuff, but might be spotted in a pub somewhere in London (when not touring) once or twice a week drinking 3 or 4 pints (and then sarcastically being like " uhh what a bad bad boy").

Last edited:
Back