Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I take it Arry might have allowed only this snippet of the song to performed live. Had he played the whole thing live, he’d be skewed alive
It is not a particularly pleasant song for a singer to sing anyway, apart from the chorus. I strongly doubt Bruce would even have wanted to sing it in full, even if he had been "allowed" to do so. ;)

I was there, at first everybody started to sing Near to the east, in a part of ancient Greece... but then realized he went directly to the chorus. It was a big nice surprise, and i felt that it was a little apology for not coming to athens in the future past tour and for the greek cunt issue. If you havent saw, Leana shared this one yesterday :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-21 at 21.14.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-21 at 21.14.17.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
as I know any band can play anyone/anyband's song as a cover. it's like: machine head can play hallowed whenever they want but if they play it, a royalty goes to the copyright owner (steve). but in this case, it's just a snippet, so i don't think any legal-money issue happens.

It is not a particularly pleasant song for a singer to sing anyway, apart from the chorus. I strongly doubt Bruce would even have wanted to sing it in full, even if he had been "allowed" to do so. ;)
Well in a way if you think about it, I think it’s a Maiden song that only Maiden can and should perform. Really doubt Bruce’s band would have been able to nail it down as well. Doubt Chris Declerq would have been able to manage both the solos & I feel it would have ruined the entire song for the Greek audience given it talks about a Greek warrior.

Well in a way if you think about it, I think it’s a Maiden song that only Maiden can and should perform. Really doubt Bruce’s band would have been able to nail it down as well. Doubt Chris Declerq would have been able to manage both the solos & I feel it would have ruined the entire song for the Greek audience given it talks about a Greek warrior.
Nah, it's a great song but there's nothing in there that would make it difficult for any band of professional musicians to nail it. There are plenty of great covers out there, in fact. Also, as a Greek person I can guarantee you that there is effectively no Greek Maiden fan who would have an issue with Bruce playing AtG in its entirety. Actually, I'd bet that everyone would absolutely love that.

Is Chris Declerq such an average guitar player that he would not be able to make the song justice? :blink:

What was your most embarrassing moment?
I once threw up on the shoes of one of my vocal heroes, the Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan. He sent me home in a taxi with a towel.

Don’t you love it when you learn something new? :D
He told this many times. Before Samson and all he saw Ian in a pub, tried to talk but he threw up. He continued to throw up in the toilet and Ian helped him… Also it was in the autobiography book as I remember.

Ah cmon lads, 'Arry hasnt banned them from playing the whole song, they just dont know/havent rehearsed it
Exactly.
Roy Z has some great and kind words for Bruce and the House Band Of Hell on his private FB profile today. It means that they're not angry with each other. Some nice news as it means that the collaboration between Roy and Bruce is not over. ;)
That's good to hear. Can you share the picture?
Quite the opposite, he's a great player that would have no issues nailing that song.
Maiden are Maiden, but I'm curious to hear a full Maiden cover played by the great HBOH.

Back