Bruce Dickinson

Listening to some of Bruce's songs, I really hope Roy to have more longer solos on the album. Especially in the style of his classic shredding approach like in Abduction, A Tyranny Of Souls or Silver Wings; more longer than overall on TOS. That's really important because I don't expect a lot of melodic interludes. I know he said that Bruce's vocals are the most important, but repetition in short songs can be more annoying than in longer ones.

He did sound really good on the Ed Force One leg that year, but his voice was shot by the time I saw the band in the UK. The worst I have seen him live, and I have seen him on every Maiden tour since the reunion (and also as a solo artist in 1997).
Oslo was also a really rough night for him that year.

Resurrection men is about harvesting the soul & storing it in order to ensure immortality. While this does touch upon the comics, Bruce had said in an interview that the world would go crazy after something like this and would be willing to pay millions. So think this is more from a reality perspective.
Bruce said that Resurrection Men was written specifically with the album's theme in mind and that it and Afterglow Of Ragnarok are strongly linked.
It's a very curious (and different it seems) song. It can be viewed as a title track.

Bruce said that Resurrection Men was written specifically with the album's theme in mind and that it and Afterglow Of Ragnarok are strongly linked.
It's a very curious (and different it seems) song. It can be viewed as a title track.
There was a tune of Resurrection Man on Tanya profile (short story) even before AOR has been announced if you remember. I think someone even posted here. The one with "strange" melody. It can be linked to AOG chorus vibe, also Bruce himself mention that chorus of AOG is like a teaser how the "album sounds".

Rainmaker is an amazing track. But because of the word rain, now that song is ruined for me. Just why did Bruce have to be in a graveyard in a rainy day? Couldn’t he just chill at home with a nice pint of ale :D
There is rain in the ale
There is rain in the ale
There is rain in the ale
It's just rain, rain, RAIN

Just watched Rain On the Graves video for 10th time and you know what I noticed... Actually, there's No Rain On the Graves, only a few drops at 1:59 min. Feeling immensely disappointed. Bruce Sells but Not Delivers... :huh:

Plot twist: the rains were supposed to fall post the video

Dig'n that Afterglow of Ragnarok I just heard again on my Metal Radio. I might even like it more than anything from Maiden lately! :okok:

Back