Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Shadow of the Gods, like Tyranny of Souls was written for The Three Tremors. Some parts of this song sounds like vintage Priest.
Yep. There are new twists every day lol. I'm even more curious about the song now.

''Shadow Of The Gods was written for the same project. So, when the heavy riff happens two thirds of the way through the tune, people go, 'Wow, that sounds like vintage PRIEST.' I went, 'Yeah, well, guess who was supposed to be singing that bit''.

This is the interview with the quote from above. Info about some of the songs:

Many Doors To Hell - is a classic rock song. It and Ragnarok (with some exceptions ofc) are indicative in a way of the album's vibe.
Sonata - will have a spoken word part.
Face In The Mirror - is slower (acoustic use, most likely a ballad) and Bruce played the solo on it! Roy kept it and rearranged the whole song. So maybe 2 of the last 3 songs will be slow. Definitely surprising info that this song will be a ballad, even given its length.
Resurrection Men - was written in 2014.

Bruce wanted the album title to sound like a secret thing.

The interviewer cited Rain On The Graves, Face In The Mirror, Shadow Of The Gods and Sonata as highlights.

Bruce said that in a couple of weeks the video for the 2nd single should be ready. He called it epic.

This is the interview with the quote from above. Info about some of the songs:

Many Doors To Hell - is a classic rock song. It and Ragnarok (with some exceptions ofc) are indicative in a way of the album's vibe.
Sonata - will have a spoken word part.
Face In The Mirror - is slower (acoustic use, most likely a ballad) and Bruce played the solo on it! Roy kept it and rearranged the whole song. So maybe 2 of the last 3 songs will be slow. Definitely surprising info that this song will be a ballad, even given its length.
Resurrection Men - was written in 2014.

Bruce wanted the album title to sound like a secret thing.

The interviewer cited Rain On The Graves, Face In The Mirror, Shadow Of The Gods and Sonata as highlights.

Bruce said that in a couple of weeks the video for the 2nd single should be ready. He called it epic.

I think Sonata is gonna be a beautiful track. Guessing it’s gonna be an emotional hitter of sorts.

''Shadow Of The Gods was written for the same project. So, when the heavy riff happens two thirds of the way through the tune, people go, 'Wow, that sounds like vintage PRIEST.' I went, 'Yeah, well, guess who was supposed to be singing that bit''.

Really, they say "wow"? Silly me, I have always thought that not sounding like someone else is an achievement and should be the goal.

Metal Hammer Germany 02/2024

My translation

Editorial:

“...There was a certain amount of nervousness before the 45-minute interview with the metal icon, as the singer was not very forthcoming during the interview about the last Iron Maiden album "SENJUTSU". Now, however, the 65-year-old is back to his old self, appearing enthusiastic and alert - even by Dickinson's standards, he has an enormous flow of words and a never-ending stream of thoughts...”

Interview:

Inspiration between life and death

"The D(ickinson)-Zug (= express train) is unstoppable: In a never-ending stream of thoughts BRUCE DICKINSON draws us into his own created universe. “THE MANDRAKE PROJECT” is more than just an album, its genesis spans more than 20 years and will grow for another two years in the form of a twelve-part comic. The singer raves about creative explosions, unlikely companions and his solo sparring partner Roy Z -while the songwriting traits of Iron Maiden get a little side-swipe that might resonate with some fans.

But the ten new songs are an integral part of the project that stretches back to the 1997 solo album "ACCIDENT OF BIRTH", closely interwoven with the William Blake tribute "THE CHEMICAL WEDDING (1998) and makes amends for "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter' (from the Iron Maiden album "NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING", 1990). Not every song on "THE MANDRAKE PROJECT" has a direct connection to the overarching story: "Face In The Mirror" deals theatrically and tragically with alcohol addiction, and "Sonata" wants to be both a dark fairy tale and a feminist
manifesto. We provided keywords and steered the conversation with the newly (re)married singer through the thematic thicket - and started right at the beginning.

Last edited:
Metal Hammer Germany 02/2024

My translation

Editorial:

“...There was a certain amount of nervousness before the 45-minute interview with the metal icon, as the singer was not very forthcoming during the interview about the last Iron Maiden album "SENJUTSU". Now, however, the 65-year-old is back to his old self, appearing enthusiastic and alert - even by Dickinson's standards, he has an enormous flow of words and a never-ending stream of thoughts...”

Interview:

Inspiration between life and death

"The D(ickinson)-Zug (= express train) is unstoppable: In a never-ending stream of thoughts BRUCE DICKINSON draws us into his own created universe. “THE MANDRAKE PROJECT” is more than just an album, its genesis spans more than 20 years and will grow for another two years in the form of a twelve-part comic. The singer raves about creative explosions, unlikely companions and his solo sparring partner Roy Z -while the songwriting traits of Iron Maiden get a little side-swipe that might resonate with some fans.

But the ten new songs are an integral part of the project that stretches back to the 1997 solo album "ACCIDENT OF BIRTH", closely interwoven with the William Blake tribute "THE CHEMICAL WEDDING (1998) and makes amends for "Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter' (from the Iron Maiden album "NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING", 1990). Not every song on "THE MANDRAKE PROJECT" has a direct connection to the overarching story: "Face In The Mirror" deals theatrically and tragically with alcohol addiction, and "Sonata" wants to be both a dark fairy tale and a feminist
manifesto. We provided keywords and steered the conversation with the newly (re)married singer through the thematic thicket - and started right at the beginning.

So basically Face in the Mirror is Believel part 2. Good to know. Funny though no one’s talking about Finger in the Wounds. A pretty dark sounding track imho and even Bruce hasn’t said anything about it (as per my knowledge).

Back