Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
hmmm… UK charts changed too… there were not so many catogories…
but AFTERGLOW reached no. 2 and no. 3 in Official Vinyl Singles Chart and Official Physical Singles Chart…

View attachment 33382
View attachment 33383

Can infer one thing here that over the years Maiden listeners have increased like crazy, which in turn has led to people exploring Bruce’s music too. Among all the members who’ve had solo acts in the band, Bruce has been the most successful. When abduction released, it felt rather oblivious on the charts. Even when Bruce said he’d sold 200,000 copies of his Soloworks vinyl, I think that’s pretty impressive for a Heavy Metal vocalist pursuing a Solo Career. Please correct me if I’m wrong here.

In the latest issue of MyRock, a french magazine, Bruce is revealing that the story of his new album (and comics) has a lot in common with the story of his song "Accident Of Birth", but didn't want to reveal more about this link.
So it seems the original concept has survived over time in a way. ''Accident Of Birth'' is his best title track imo.
Bruce Dickinson's new single Afterglow Of Ragnarok reached no. 4 in the official UK singles sales charts. It is his highest chart position in UK to date.
No. 4! That's amazing. Higher than The Writing On The Wall if I'm not mistaken?

So it seems the original concept has survived over time in a way. ''Accident Of Birth'' is his best title track imo.

No. 4! That's amazing. Higher than The Writing On The Wall if I'm not mistaken?

Writing on the Wall would only have had paid downloads* so you can see the difference a physical copy makes for that chart.

*and apart from me, who's buying a paid download?

The complete set
Ah yes, the 200-k number is related to the box set sales, what's likely, given how sales are worked for decades, is that each individual album of the box set counts as an item sale. So it's probably 200k divided either by 9, the number of discs, or 7, the titles. That's in line with how album sales figures have historically worked and how you skew them.

Ah yes, the 200-k number is related to the box set sales, what's likely, given how sales are worked for decades, is that each individual album of the box set counts as an item sale. So it's probably 200k divided either by 9, the number of discs, or 7, the titles. That's in line with how album sales figures have historically worked and how you skew them.
I did think about normally distributing it. But coming to the skew part, if I arrange the albums in a chronological order, they’d appear negatively skewed with them peaking at Chemical wedding & then maybe a slight decline towards TOS. But to infer such a thing, we’d need to see the actual album sales.

Yes, I know. But, the fact that this song is on this platform without the music for now shows that the song will, maybe, be available today as Bruce has said some days before along with the release of the 1st comic. Just check AppleMusic later today (or in the next days). ;)
Nope. Every song is on the platform already. So it does mean nothing, but I still hope there will be single today.

The new things here:

- Shadow Of The Gods is a song from 2014.
- most of the set will be from AOB and TCW - with some TOS! A different answer here, I hope it is true.
- the surprise in the set will be at the end of the show. I hope it's worth it and not a ''fun one'' like in 2002.

About the album title (it seems Bruce didn't search well enough): ''I actually have no idea how I came up with 'The Mandrake Project'. Somewhere I have a piece of paper, and it's got some absolutely ridiculous ideas for the album title. I'm writing them down, 'What about calling it this? What about calling it this?', and just look at them all and go, 'Which one feels right?' And none of them felt right. And then… 'Mandrake' is such a great word. And, actually, has anybody done something using the word 'Mandrake'? The answer is no. I was amazed. There was a DEEP PURPLE song, 'Mandrake Root'. There's a French comic called Mandrake The Magician. And there was something called The Mandrake Project, but it was like a one-off drum-and-bass thing. And I thought, 'Well, that's not gonna be an issue. I thought, 'That sounds really cool.' So I thought, 'Well, I could call the album and the comic 'The Mandrake Project'.' Because I had the story — brilliant, now I can put that in there. So that's how it evolved — piece by piece by piece''.

Well, there's also band called mandrake project. But who cares...
He seems he has forgotten (in)voluntarily the band of the german singer Tobias Sammet, who was considered once as Bruce's "impersonator" because of his voice similar to Bruce's one in the beginning of the 21st century. Edguy has released an album with the word "mandrake" in the title. So, when Bruce says that none has done something with the word "mandrake" before, he's utterly wrong. :ninja:

As I said - in last newsletter there was text in a footer:
The forecast is for rain…​
So I would assume that song will be available soon. This link on apple music exist for something like 2 - 4 days now so maybe it mean something or maybe it is not.

But if song will not be available today - then when? :)

Not a single drop in Guildford on 17th January, so the forecast was probably for any other date. :D

That being said, if the new song has a video similar to the one for Afterglow of Ragnarok, that rain is likely to be a deluge of cheese.

Not a single drop in Guildford on 17th January, so the forecast was probably for any other date. :D

That being said, if the new song has a video similar to the one for Afterglow of Ragnarok, that rain is likely to be a deluge of cheese.
It’s gonna rain on the 15th of Feb. Until then it’s just dryness.

I bet the surprise will be a rare/unplayed Maiden song, maybe a shortened version of Empire. There isn’t anything in his solo catalog that would stand out as a clear “surprise.” Since he never tours hearing anything from his solo albums will be special.

Back