Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Pretty sure Bruce has been seen wearing a red baseball cap on occassion too
Numerology also confirms the conspiracy! If you use each letter's position in the alphabet and add them together:

THE MANDRAKE PROJECT = 187
DONALD TRUMP = 138 + 47 (th President if re-elected) + 2 (nd term) = 187!

Also, 187 is the California penal code number for homicide, so someone must have already discovered this conspiracy and been killed to cover it up! My god, the rabbit hole only goes deeper! Is there still time to choose the blue pill instead...?!?!

Somebody call the QAnon Shaman, I’ve stumbled upon a Bruce-related conspiracy right before our very eyes!

Facts:

1. The blue vinyl edition of The Mandrake Project is being sold exclusively through Walmart in the U.S.
2. Walmart owns the big box membership club Sam’s Club.
3. Sam’s Club’s store brand label looks strikingly familiar:
thumbnailmark.png

images
4. The CEO of Walmart, Doug McMillon, was an adviser to former U.S. President Donald Trump and regularly contributes to Republican candidates and causes.
5. The Mandrake Project is being released in March 2024, a mere 8 months before the U.S. Presidential election.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Conclusion: The Mandrake Project is an elaborate infomercial for Walmart and Sam’s Club, and the album’s story will be full of subliminal messages encouraging listeners in the U.S. to vote for Donald Trump in 2024!

My god, they must have recruited Bruce after hearing his views on Brexit, and we should have known he could only afford the high quality of the “Afterglow Of Ragnarok” video with loads of outside funding! The horror!

Discuss.
4D chess right there.

Reactions: Jer
Senjutsu and Nights of the Dead were a bad sign in having multiple colour vinyls but that's the first times they've done that, most bands have been selling multiple vinyl versions for years, plus a re-press 6 months later with bonus tracks in more colours.

Yeah, some record companies are particularly eager to milk with the coloured vinyl... Nuclear Blast comes to mind. :D New Nightwish, Amaranthe etc. albums used to get various different colours, I think...

As for the formats of The Mandrake Project, I'm looking forward for getting the vinyl version and possibly the CD Bookpack as well.... Expensive as it gets... :oops:

As for the formats of The Mandrake Project, I'm looking forward for getting the vinyl version and possibly the CD Bookpack as well.... Expensive as it gets... :oops:

I'll be getting that CD book too, but I haven't ordered it yet. I think it's very expensive to begin with being nearly 20 euro dearer than the other CD version, plus adding 10 euro postage and then the possibility of customs on top of it. I'm waiting for a brick and mortar shop over here to have a pre-order for it.

The band really is.
Without any doubt.
I must say I expected something heavier considering the teaser he used. Then again, there was this snippet from the studio with Tanya (was that snippet from this intro?) that pointed in the other direction.
It's very heavy, only without the chorus. The snippets from the studio were from different song/s iirc, at least one of them for sure. Maybe they're from the next single.
I'm curious about that. Accident Of Birth was mostly a collection of good but unrelated songs. The Chemical Wedding, while not being a concept album, feels like a cohesive unit and its atmosphere can be felt throughout the entire album. I feel that Tyrany Of Souls falls between AOB and TCW, as far as mood and atmosphere go. It has some of the occult mysticism of TCW, but also some unrelated songs a la AOB.

For The Mandrake Project we know that it is a proper concept album, so cohesiveness is to be expected. The video for AOR is cheesy and hilarious, but the opening quotes William Blake once more. That plus much of the iconography is heavily inspired by occult themes, so I think TMP is going to be closer to TCW in feel.
I think you're right about the feel, mostly because it's a concept album. TCW (+ TOS) is probably the best answer.
I'll be getting that CD book too,
I will also get the CD book. I like to have albums only in this format, but little did I know that I would get a 5th in a row which again has a black background...

Wanna gimme money, well you better get ready
I'm a certified friend of John Paul Getty
I'm a fat stargazer, I'm an all night raver
I'm an anything you wannabe, if I can get your sympathy
Welcome to the circus, I'm the killer clown
Welcome to the circus, hey gather round
Two sides of life, two sides of fun
The one who does it and the one who gets done

Where can I listen If eternity should fail demo without buying the single?
in Hell :ninja:

in case You do not want to go there just yet:
(some user posted link in this thread earlier)

Even in demo form it's evident that this song is very good. Is it me, or some Roy's bass lines are more Steve than some recent Steve's :D

Last edited:
Bonus songs can be announced/revealed later right? Like for a Japanese edition. Otherwise, The Mandrake Project will be Bruce's first solo album without any bonus songs.
Bonus songs were relevant when CDs were hugely expensive on the Japanese market, compared to the rest of the world, so that buyers got their money's worth. There is no point in releasing bonus songs any more, though it takes away the charm they had. ;)

Bonus songs were relevant when CDs were hugely expensive on the Japanese market, compared to the rest of the world, so that buyers got their money's worth. There is no point in releasing bonus songs any more, though it takes away the charm they had. ;)
It's true but bonus songs serve other purposes now such as enticing people to purchase special physical editions or juicing the streaming algorithms with frequent releases (this makes it more likely for an artist to appear on the homepage or in automatically generated playlists, it's partially why Taylor Swift frequently releases various deluxe versions of her albums after the initial release).

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the If Eternity Should Fail demo ended up as a bonus track, probably nothing new unless there are other demos or rejected songs.
The new song made The Needle Drop's worst tracks of the week :lol:

I actually like a lot of Fantano's content when he's staying in the lanes that he knows best (generally pop, punk, some hip hop). His takes on genres like Metal, Jazz, prog rock are awful and just kinda suggest he doesn't really know what he's talking about with these styles. He's never really given modern Maiden any particularly positive reviews, I'm not sure if he even reviewed Senjutsu. Surprised he had anything to say about the Bruce Dickinson track, but not really interested in his takes there. I think he does some good work but wish he wasn't treated as the be all end all of online music criticism as there is room for that type of creator with other music styles.

Bruce Dickinson said:
No — we did the MAIDEN show with all the stuff we're doing on the 'Somewhere Back In Time' tour;
:lol:

Bruce speaks about experiences he and the band had at this years PowerTrip.
Me thinks, next Christmas will be much leaner for him, the band and esp. Rod Smallwood. Shut Up, You - occult nonsense loving - bloody fool! :ninja:

Rich people filming rich people!

As usual, Bruce being disrespectful to the audiences who pay the ticket prices that allow him to live a lifestyle most people on Earth could only dream of. What a cunt muppet!

Someone should have told Bruce that they were the warm-up for Guns N’Roses though. :D

Last edited:
I'll be getting that CD book too, but I haven't ordered it yet. I think it's very expensive to begin with being nearly 20 euro dearer than the other CD version, plus adding 10 euro postage and then the possibility of customs on top of it. I'm waiting for a brick and mortar shop over here to have a pre-order for it.

I will be getting the deluxe CD from either my local HMV or another record store nearby. No need to bother with overpriced pre-orders that always arrive late!

Some bands still include bonus tracks on the Japanese versions of their most recent releases.

Rich people filming rich people!

As usual, Bruce being disrespectful to the audiences who pay the ticket prices that allow him to live a lifestyle most people on Earth could only dream of. What a cunt muppet!

Someone should have told Bruce that they were the warm-up for Guns N’Roses though. D
Bruce is right though. With a few exceptions, most of the bands at Power Trip regularly tour and you can see them play almost every year for standard ticket prices. I was living temporarily right outside Indio after Power Trip and noticed that while I was there, Guns n Roses was performing in LA just weeks later (it's about a 2-hour drive). The people who live in the area or travel to the area are the stereotype of rich elites who are primarily interested in status. I highly doubt the majority of audience members were that interested in the music, and more interested in the pomp around the event and getting social media cred. Bruce is right, they could have played Virtual XI in its entirety with Blaze on vocals and the crowd would have not known any better. The advertising for the Power Trip event was also so cynical and constantly inundating to the point of stupidity.

But they would have been stupid not to accept the truck(s)load of money that they were offered to perform the event, and I appreciate they at least took the opportunity to do a little Canada tour that actual Iron Maiden fans were able to attend at a reasonable price (the price of the ticket, AirBNB and gas to get to Vancouver from Oregon was still a fraction of what Power Trip was selling for).

Back