Bruce Dickinson

I somehow missed this yesterday, but the lyrics of ''Eternity Has Failed'' are slightly visible here:

tmp-ehf.jpg

It seems the intro will be the same as IESF one. The one verse is too. The chorus is pretty much the same with a few lines changed (and probably less repetitions). I think there is a pre-chorus in there? While the outro seems different and shorter.
And what about a proper solo from Roy? I doubt it, unfortunately.

So those are the changes? Not enough for me. I think this should have been a bonus song - with Nightmares in its place. I just don't want to have two almost identical songs on a Maiden and on a Bruce album. Maybe he added the aforementioned song with a different name. I hope so.

I somehow missed this yesterday, but the lyrics of ''Eternity Has Failed'' are slightly visible here:

View attachment 32100

It seems the intro will be the same as IESF one. The one verse is too. The chorus is pretty much the same with a few lines changed (and probably less repetitions). I think there is a pre-chorus in there? While the outro seems different and shorter.
And what about a proper solo from Roy? I doubt it, unfortunately.

So those are the changes? Not enough for me. I think this should have been a bonus song - with Nightmares in its place. I just don't want to have two almost identical songs on a Maiden and on a Bruce album. Maybe he added the aforementioned song with a different name. I hope so.

The entire song looks the same lyrically

This song is a grower. After being stranded for an hour in a traffic jam with that song I must say that I like it a lot and Im excited for an album.

What i dont like/dont understand is why this song sounds better on my 10+ years old TV than on my $400 headphones or on my PC build for media editing.

Either way - great song. I love the video but i think also that Bruce in wife beater is bringing nothing to the story. Has he rented cape from someone and was forced to return it in a middle of filming?

What i dont like/dont understand is why this song sounds better on my 10+ years old TV than on my $400 headphones or on my PC build for media editing.
Well, in this case the answer is obvious, it's pretty fckup production. Song sounds dark and muddy, bass heavy and with the higher frequencies dimnished a lot. It makes it hard to listen for me, just by the sonic aspect itself.

After being stranded for an hour in a traffic jam with that song I must say that I like it a lot and Im excited for an album.

The real question here is why you have a 10+ year old TV in your car, and why you’re using it to play music!

It will be interesting the next tour because Maiden stopped to get guests on stage in 90 or 91 and Hope to see if Bruce make some appearance with some other artist or band to sing a song together. Maybe he could sing a song with Priest or Metallica, who knows?

You didn't even hear the song...
It doesn't matter, it will be pretty much the same. I thought at least the chorus would be different, and I'm not talking about a different melody for it. I mean, it's not like Bruce didn't write enough songs, he actually wrote for 2 albums. It's odd for me.

Could have been a nice bonus song. It seems is not that important for the theme anymore. And why are there no bonus songs, at least one (like for TOS)? Steve liked 5 of Bruce's demos for this album back in 2014, I really wanted to hear the song Nightmares and will be curious if some of those songs ended up on TMP.

Btw, I was thinking about AOB and all of those leftovers from the sessions for the album (like Nightmares), and with these changes - I think it would have been one of the ultimate metal albums:
Accident Of Birth [1997]

1.Nightmares (Steve really liked the song and he was not wrong with IESF)
2.Starchildren
3.Wicker Man
4.Taking The Queen
5.Darkside Of Aquarius
6.Road To Hell
7.Man Of Sorrows
8.Accident Of Birth
9.The Magician
10.The Ghost Of Cain
11.Omega
12.Arc Of Space
13.Sonata (Immortal Beloved) (9:51 minutes long, I mean it has to be special)

All killer, no filler! Amazing. And still there are 2 more unreleased songs from these sessions (according to Bruce in 1998) - so if they are strong (I have no doubt, they were on fire), then they can replace Arc Of Space.
It will be interesting the next tour because Maiden stopped to get guests on stage in 90 or 91 and Hope to see if Bruce make some appearance with some other artist or band to sing a song together. Maybe he could sing a song with Priest or Metallica, who knows?
Roy wants to do ''The One You Love To Hate'' with Bruce and Rob. I hope so. He also calls Priest family.

Some more recent stuff from his page:

About Afterglow Of Ragnarok - ''Bruce & i have a style… This is nothing new… The brotherhood between us has been solidified for over 30 years !!!!!! I hope you all like the new song. I can’t wait to see you all''.

About the tour - ''I can’t wait to hit the stage with my man!!! Mistheria!!!'' Harmonies?

Afterglow is either a 7 string in B Standard or a 6 string dropped way down -- the lowest Bruce has gone before is down to A with King In Crimson and Trumpets of Jericho. He's had E standard and Drop D across his other material as well, I wonder what the bulk of the new album will be in, tuning wise.

When they played King & Trumpets live Roy Z said that they used pitch shifters on guitars in Drop D to make, essentially, Drop A. As a 7 string player I'm hoping it's more of that and less of pitch shifting.
B standard baritone. Custom 6 string (longer scale, I assume).

Source: Roy Z Ramirez.

Towards the end:
"--the comic that got turned into a video, which I didn't think was possible for the budget, but obviously it was, so um... and we're gonna be to shooting another one shortly--"

So there's definitely more cheesefest underway!

Bruce goes all out with milking this thing, but at least he seems to be pretty excited about the whole thing and honestly, I'm on board with all that. :D

It must be pretty cold in Brazil because the beanie hat is still there!

He revealed some pictures from it and I guess they are related to the 2nd single, ''Rain On The Graves''. It seems William Blake will be involved in the theme of this song, and maybe in some other songs as well. I thought Bruce wouldn't touch this theme again.

William Blake again??? Is Bruce trying to capture the magic from 25 years ago using the same source of inspiration? :D

Back