Bruce Dickinson

And then in 2008, when he had Blaze as a guest on his radio show, he told him that he thought his Silicon Messiah album was a really good record, and that it was stronger than what that he did with Maiden.

Bruce was not wrong about that!
I don't agree with Bruce here.
Anyone else extremely fond of "The Alchemist" from Chemical Wedding? Over the years it's probably grown to be my favorite song by Bruce. Love every part of it, especially the outro
The song has a mystical vibe that is great to close the album. The ''oh-oh'' part helps for that too. Grand chorus, epic solo and Bruce's singing in the perfect (with a ''cosmic feel'') outro is so good. A magical song, like the whole album really. I'm curious what solo Adrian would have done for it.

Regarding the discussion around "The Alchemist" above, I agree with all the praise!

The instrumental break is outstanding and the last chorus, with the "...my world is light, the angels fill my eyes with every breath" and the beautiful reprise of the title track's chorus is one of the best Bruce Dickinson performances, in my opinion.

It's not just the vocal melody, notes or singing technique but the way he seems to put his soul into that performance is truly magical. Alright, part of the glory goes to the brilliant production and mixing of the vocals, but I still say that The Alchemist, maybe overall too, but especially the final choruses, is one of Bruce's most powerful vocal performances ever.

Last edited:
The Alchemist is a masterpiece. After all these years I still consider it to be one of the best songs I've ever heard. It's still difficult for me to pick between The Alchemist and Book of Thel as my favourtie TCW track. This album is just something special.

Tour and new album is very welcome indeed, I've waited for both ever since Bruce started to talk of these. I saw his book tour in september 2018, it was really entertaining and interesting evening with Bruce, generally I think some wouldn't even know how good talker Bruce is as he's just doing the damn thing so well.
He's been really busy with everything regarding Maiden, Trooper and things, but I think for some reason the solo career has been pushed really far back..but I hope the new album is great and fits nicely to his discography.
Hope to see him go on tour, as I've yet to witness his solo stuff in the concert. I've followed his career right from the TM but somehow I never got to see him live in concert.
What stuff have you heard @Poto ?

Never saw Bruce live on his solo tours and am not really familiar with his habits. What can be "expected" (for lack of a better word)?
Small Europe and North America tour?

Back