Bruce Dickinson

Fun interview. I recommend listening to all of it! Some great stories about Bruce's cancer and the Empire of Clouds recording.

They really go in depth. Not necessarily any new information about the cancer itself, but you get a first hand account that I personally haven't seen yet. Stuff like how the treatment affected his body.

Oh, in that way. Two members of my closest family died beacuse of cancer, I was also diagnosed with one (lucky for me that was not 100% true and I was cured after two years) so I like to hear that someone managed to defeat this shit.

I assume that for Bruce it was a combination of fencing and flying that defeated his cancer.

Really good interview, I like ones like this where it is more conversational than just Q and A

This is a really great interview. I don't think I've ever heard Bruce talk this much. Not much Maiden info, but tons of interesting perspective on his journey with cancer.

Why am I not enjoying Chemical Wedding? What am I missing? The riffs are so samey with little variation in tone. The guitar work just feels really uninspired....

Why am I not enjoying Chemical Wedding? What am I missing? The riffs are so samey with little variation in tone. The guitar work just feels really uninspired....
Wow and i consider Jerusalem to be H's greatest guitar solo ever

Love that part about Canterbury Cathedral and Ian Anderson. :) And memories about recording Cross Eyed Mary.

edit:
And about Nicko's important input on Empire of the Clouds. Great voice impersonation!

Lol! Those bells from Switzerland!

Last edited:
I love Nicko impersonation.

Oh, Blubberwhateva has article about this interview. I don't know but is that site a joke or something?

The Eddie Trunk interview is awesome too. Not sure if it was posted yet, but if not:

He also confirms something that might've been common knowledge here already, but I didn't know. If Eternity Should Fail isn't a ToS outtake, but was originally meant to be for "a potential new solo album". Hopefully that's still in the works!

His voice got deeper, he almost sounds like Dave when he talking at some points during the interview.

Back