Bruce Dickinson - What Does This Button Do?

Bruce's comic side reminds me of the power cut at Earls Court in 2006, something he alludes to in the book. The band stayed on stage entertaining the audience for 30 minutes with no sound at all, with Bruce acting as the jester. Boy did we laugh! :lol:

This is really the Moby Dick of rock bios. One minute you’re hearing tales of rock and roll debauchery, the next Bruce is teaching you how to fence or the various types of pilot licenses.

He states that Paschendale is the only song off DOD which holds a candle to BNW. Has he not heard Dance of Death the song?
Good book, too heavy a skew towards planes in the latter stages for it to be consistently enjoyable. Ends well.

He states that Paschendale is the only song off DOD which holds a candle to BNW. Has he not heard Dance of Death the song?
I feel like he may be exaggerating a bit there, because look at him doing DoD on En Vivo! for example. He's totally into it, and I find it hard to believe that despite his overflowing enthusiasm on stage, he actually considers the song a poor effort overall. I know he talked about having to put on a persona when he's on stage, but there's limits to that sort of thing. If you genuinely hate a song then you most definitely won't put your best effort into performing it. It's just human nature.

Yeah you're probably right but if you take his words as written, he reckons The Nomad is better than DOD. He doesnt say he doesnt like DOD, just that their cover of a Beckett song is better.

I haven’t gotten that far in the book but I’m kinda surprised if DoD isn’t among his favorite modern Maiden tracks. It’s totally up his alley.

I think he really meant Paschendale is the only song that competes with the whole of BNW. BNW marked something "fresh" for Maiden, and similarly, Paschendale was fresh. DoD is a retread of old material. It's a silly throwaway comparison. No way he doesn't consider DoD a perfect representation of his "theater of the mind" concept. DoD just doesn't stick out the way Pasch does.

And Maiden's Beckett cover is better than DoD come at me.

Back