Bruce Dickinson video interviews / shows

Invader said:
He also highlights The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave as his "best" albums.  That seems to hint that he didn't enjoy Maiden so much after the World Slavery tour, because in my opinion at least his vocals didn't drop in quality until No Prayer.

Oh, Id agree with that, he clearly wasnt too pleased for not contributing much to Somewhere In Time and he even said once that after he heard Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime, thats what he thought Seventh Son "should" have been like.
After that, it was a case of him slowly getting tired of the Maiden thing, and, like Adrian, aching to play/sing something different.

Invader said:
  That seems to hint that he didn't enjoy Maiden so much after the World Slavery tour, because in my opinion at least his vocals didn't drop in quality until No Prayer.

I disagree. I think Bruce was great on 'No Prayer for the Dying', better than on 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' indeed.

Here's an interview with Bruce from 1990.  I think I saw this once on Youtube and it may have been posted here, but just in case.  The site is in Finnish, but the interview is in English.

What I found interesting in this video is Bruce listing some of his dreams.  Some of them he actually carried out, including making a movie and learning to fly.  He didn't say they were aims, just dreams, so I find it funny how many of them he actually got done! :)

He also talks about best/worst gigs: the worst ones are the ones where no one does anything, and the best ones are where everyone does everything. :D

I think those are in the Maiden videos topic, but no prob! Nice indeed that he managed to do all those things.

Hmm, it works now. Strange, but I'm glad.

Now some stuff from 1995.

Cyclops, Argentina.  By the way, that uploader has tons of Maiden & Bruce videos!

And here some really old ones! Pre-Maiden stuff!

Samson with Bruce Dickinson (with a very nice mustache) live in Odeon Theater, Birmingham, England, 7 Feb. 1980.

Setlist :
01. Big Brother
02. Six Foot Under
03. Hard Times
04. Take Me To Your Leader
05. Mr Rock & Roll
06. Inside Out
07. Vice Versa
08. Hammerhead
09. Take It Like A Man
10. Too Close To Rock

Bruce Dickinson (vocal)
Paul Samson (guitar)
Chris Aylmer (bass guitar)
Barry Graham ''Thunderstick'' (drums)

+

Samon @ Reading, 1981 (links below setlist & line-up)

Part 1 :
1. Big Brother
2. Take It Like A Man

Part 2 :
3. Nice Girl
4. Earth Mother
5. Vice Versa
6. Bright Lights

Part 3 :
7. Walking Out On You
8. Hammerhead

Part 4 :
9. Riding With The Angels

Part 5 :
10. Gravy Train

Bruce Dickinson (vocal)
Paul Samson (guitar)
Chris Aylmer (bass guitar)
Mel Gaynor (drums)

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

And this is for the Janick haters out there. Have a blast!  :D 

No Lies @ Milan 10 July 1990

Bruce (around the time of Chemical Wedding) about faith, music, how he got into Maiden, how he left them, William Blake, poetry, England, God, spiritualism, philosophing about his believe...

In-depth stuff!

Bongo Bruce!

It takes a while to see it's him (because his back is in the direction of the camera most of the time), but this is Bruce playing bongos(!), backing up Fish during the classic Kayleigh (played at Fish's wedding in 1987).

:)

I've just found out Bruce has appeared on one of my favourite TV shows, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 3 times. It's a comedy music show and here are the Youtube links if you're interested:

1996: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 (Spot the awkward moment in part 1 when the team leader says "I know you're in the Maiden". 1) The Maiden? 2) He wasn't at that time :p)

2003: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 (I lol'd when they were talking about the Iron Maiden song in part 3 :p)

I can't find his second appearance on the show but I'll keep my eye open for it.

I laughed at 5:16 (2nd show).  :bigsmile: And that Run to the Hills part.  :D

Just watched this Darkside of Aquarius video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1TUJgiLsQ

One word: awesome! What I wouldn't give to have been able to see this lineup live (or any lineup for that matter)... Eddie Cassillas' and H's backing vocals together, Roy Z's and H's solos... Just fucking brilliant!

Speaking of the backing vocals, check out Eddie Cassilas here on 2 Minutes to Midnight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSZvS4wJd_o (and his bass sound, you don't hear those bass intro melodies live with Steve Harris anymore, am I right?) Just what the hell was Bruce thinking with those short pants? :D

Ranko said:
Just watched this Darkside of Aquarius video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1TUJgiLsQ

One word: awesome! What I wouldn't give to have been able to see this lineup live (or any lineup for that matter)... Eddie Cassillas' and H's backing vocals together, Roy Z's and H's solos... Just fucking brilliant!

And in Powerslave Eddie and H do a great job as well with those backing vocals, trying to invoke the choir on the studio album.

I saw this line-up, minus Roy Z (he couldn't do the European tour in 1998 because he was producing some band).
His replacement was pretty OK though, but more important: it was the first time I ever saw H live.  :shred:

Cool! :D

If I do get to see Bruce live some day, I just hope he won't bring the Skunkworks-era band, I've seen that Skunkworks live DVD, they're honestly not that good, they're more of an alternative-jam-band than a real hard rock/metal band, I don't care for their improvisation.

Saw them too, opening for Helloween.

Quite a different experience but at least as special as well.
:)

Interview with Bruce, Roy Z and Adrian, in 1997, Chile.

About e.g. the meaning of the title Accident of Birth, Adrian talks about Psycho Motel, about playing Maiden songs, about Skunkworks, interesting observation (though he says more!):

"The alternative fans didn't accept the old metal singer. The old metal fans didn't accept the alternative stuff."

Bruce answers negative when he gets the "will you ever reunite with Maiden" (he even compares with Kiss, in a way that the music might not be as good as in the past). And the music of Maiden is very different than what Bruce is doing now.

Also the band is asked if they still have contact with Maiden band members (all members apart from Steve and Blaze are mentioned).

Nice interview!  :ok:
Would be great if someone could translate and give us a summary of what Roy says.

Back