Boston, June 26: North America Maidenfans meetup

The rough summary...

Sunday: we met at Cheers and watched England lose the football game. Nush was deeply heartbroken. We ate there; LC had the "Giant Norm Burger", so huge that they put his name on the wall when he finished it. Maidenfan vs. Food. Then it was a desperate search for a liquor store still open on Sunday evening (just barely found one at one minute before closing time), then back to Nat's place. Got drunk and played a lot of metal.

Monday: We'd wanted to walk the Freedom Trail but it was raining like crazy. So we checked out Faneuil Hall and Harvard. Dinner at a very nice pub. Then back to Nat's place, got drunk and played a lot of metal.

Tuesday: Gig day. Warmed up in the morning with Maiden live videos, then the show. Awesome, although the traffic was murder like usual. Then back to Nat's place, got drunk and played a lot of metal.

Wednesday: Sam Adams brewery, then off to Doyle's Pub (the first bar that ever served Sam Adams on tap). Saw the USS Constitution and had a great seafood dinner on the harbor. Then back to Nat's place, got drunk and played a lot of metal.

TL;DR: got drunk and played a lot of metal. And made fun of Forostar. :D

My everlasting impression rules conventions of mortals!

Were you guys drunk during the gig as well? I'd rather have a clear experience of a Maiden gig.
On the other hand, on a seat during Maiden.... (and in your presence :D ).

I wasn't by the time it started. We had had a decent amount of booze that morning and we had a few beers during the tailgate, but by the time Maiden was on I was sober. Can't speak for everyone else though. -_-

I was sober, I mean, I started drinking when I woke up, but never stopped, but I was never anything more than happy. Trust me, I remember every single second.

You remember everything you've seen and heard. ;)

Glad you were flabbergasted LC! :ok:

Can't resist asking: did it also make you feel "damn, I wish had seen them more often"?

When it comes to my first Maiden gig, I took pains to memorize the whole thing.

So, I just returned home. What an amazing week. Thank you so much, SMX, for making this happen. Thank you so much, Natalie, for being such a great host. Thank you so much, all four of you, for making this such an incredible week. Although I never, ever, ever want to see Amsterdam-Schiphol airport again ever in my life, the rest was just bloody incredible. All you guys who weren't there - you know who you are -, you missed out big time. But you were there in spirit, I can tell you that.

I was sober - not just for the show, but also because I was driving. In general, I stay sober for shows; the experience of Maiden is more than enough by itself, and I like to fully enjoy it.

Perun learned a valuable life lesson:
When airport security asks what subject you study, never say "Iranian Studies". Just say "mathematics" next time... :cool:

Although I never, ever, ever want to see Amsterdam-Schiphol airport again ever in my life,
I assume you do not agree with this outcome:

At this year's Passenger Terminal Expo in Vienna, passengers have awarded Amsterdam Airport Schiphol 'Europe's best airport'. Although Schiphol had already won the award of 'Western Europe's best airport' several times, this is the first time it is recognised as 'Europe's best airport'. Additionally, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is back among the world's top 5 airports, ranking fourth (compared with sixth on last year's list).
The top 5 list of best airports in the world is headed by Incheon International Airport (South Korea), followed by Singapore Changi Airport, Hong Kong International Airport, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Beijing Capital International Airport.

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is renowned not only because it so easy for transfer passengers to find their way around, but also on account of its many excellent recreational and leisure facilities. For these reasons Amsterdam Airport Schiphol now also ranks as the world's third-best transfer airport, after Singapore Changi Airport and Incheon International Airport.
All you guys who weren't there - you know who you are -, you missed out big time. But you were there in spirit, I can tell you that.
Cheers mate, that's nice to hear! :)
How was the American beer?

When airport security asks what subject you study, never say "Iranian Studies". Just say "mathematics" next time... :cool:

Damn. :/

How was the American beer?

On behalf of Dom (I'm imagining this in his fantastic London accent): Shit. :p

Nah, its all a matter of what you choose, I for one did not serve any of these guys any shit watered down piss beer (e.g. Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc etc).
Personally I quite like Sam Adams (the lager) but as I recall we didn't have all that much American stuff, those packs were mostly Newky Browns and Pilsners right?

SMX got the Harpoon taster pack, I remember that. I grabbed a taster pack in that Arab's liquor store when he was yelling at us to get out...

The Harpoon was good, would have been better cold. Most local American beers are very good; those who judge American beer by Budweiser are making a grave error.

Back