Blood Brothers

How good is Blood Brothers on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Blood Brothers

Nothing more to add.  It's great to read how the song resonates with others in the same way it does with me.  Nothing more to add except Dave's solo is one of my all-time favourites and Janick pulls off a hauntingly emotional one too.

Albie said:
10 - how could it be less? Lyrically/musically brilliant and one of those tracks that gets the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
Good description! 10/10.

10/10. Everything has already been said in the above posts.

The great start to BNW continues with this song; thoughtful lyrics and instrumentally very strong, plus it also works well live. 9/10

The instrumental section lends itself for some very romantic dancing. Some fond memories there, those alone are already worth 10/10.

Oh yeah, and the rest of the song is beautiful too. ;)

7/10 from me.  I like the sentiment behind the lyrics even if they are a bit clunky.  This song features Janick's best solo in Maiden.  But like with much of this album, the constant repetition kills it.  And unlike Brave New World (the track) this one doesn't have much variation in the chorus.

Very powerful song, it has one of the best Maiden solos and also the best of Janick Gers. If it was shorter, it would be a 10 but repetition makes it a 9.

Albie said:
10 - how could it be less? Lyrically/musically brilliant and one of those tracks that gets the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
Perfectly said. Every time I hear it. 10 out of 10.

Only 2 minutes of this song feel truly special - the calm part which continues to Janick's solo. 7

This is of the few songs that really keeps my full attention and sends me on an emotional roller coaster... though not quite perfect. 9

Donner said:
And unlike Brave New World (the track) this one doesn't have much variation in the chorus.

Well noted. I came across this post, reading all BNW posts again while busy with the album rankings.

I almost gave this song a 9/10, but before reviewing, I opened this clip just to see how the song sounded last year, and I was totally blown away :rocker: It brought back lots of great memories of listening Rock In Rio for the first time... 10/10.

This song has got a really nice vibe to it, a pleasure to listen to, a fine song indeed!, 9/10, a very high 9.

I am really mixed on this song, I go from lliking it quite a bit to thinking it is weak.  Musically, there is some great stuff going on here, but I really do not like the chorus at all.  It reminds me in a way of some 80s rock anthem (not in a good way).  Also, I think it should be retired from the setlsit.

I give it a 7, probably would be higher if there was a differenc chorus.

It's a bit repetitive, but the song is powerful. The emotion in the music and lyrics is undeniable. I love the Celtic flare and, as others have mentioned, Janick has a really good solo.

This song feels like the most similar track to Virtual XI. I liked this more before but unfortunately it have lowered it's ranking. Still a great track thou and a beastly song live when I saw it back in 2010.

It's a bit repetitive, but the song is powerful. The emotion in the music and lyrics is undeniable. I love the Celtic flare and, as others have mentioned, Janick has a really good solo.

Good summary of how I feel about the song. The song in itself isn't so exciting and without the breakdown I would probably give it a 6, but the bridge is truly emotional and amazing so I give it a 7.

7/10

Back