Blood Brothers

How good is Blood Brothers on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Blood Brothers' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'blood Brothers'

4.5 / 5. When I saw the BNW tour, this song was great live. Of course every Maiden song is better live, but this one improved more than usual.

'blood Brothers'

This is one of my favourite song of Maiden.
The lyrics are, as far as I am concerned, very poetic : I really likes the words' invertions to match the rimes. I think it gives its depth and its strength to that song.
As for the music, it is soft but very powerful at the same time. It is a kind of a ballade, which is in a way very surprising for a metal band but show also that the band is ready to take risks as well as show some "sensibility".

'blood Brothers'

This song has great deal of emotions in it. Steve feels very strongly about it, and the fact that the song was so close to his heart is reflected in that he didn't want anyone to be able to mess it up, so he played the keyboard on it himself.

When you think that we've used all our chances
And the chance to make everything right
Keep on making the same old mistakes
Makes the tipping of balance so easy
When we're livin' our lives on the edge
Say a prayer to the book of the dead

Don't you almost cry to these lines? That's because they rise from the pain and agony from the botoom of Steve's heart. I think it's one of the best songs ever by Maiden, and certainly one of the best slow songs done by a Metal band.

By the way, he couldn't play the keyboard in live shows, as he had some other business (wonder what that could be?).[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'blood Brothers'

Hm... I like this song very much, but it has an odd feeling to me. For some reason, I always feel obliged to dance the waltz to the solo. But this song provides a strong imagery in my head, and it is really impressive. Songs with that kind of true emotion don't grow on trees, you know.

Rating: 4

'blood Brothers'

This is my favourite from the BNW. Its very original. Well written deep, emotional lyrics. Beautiful harmonies, great vocal melodies. And I just like how Steve's bass guitar sounds in this one! It's a 5, cannot be anything else.

I just gave 3.5 point to Nomad a minute ago- with lyrics and vocals as strong like Blood Brothers it could be 5!

'blood Brothers'

I don't like this song, though it's very emotional and has very well written lyrics. It works better live, with the audience singing the chorus.

'blood Brothers'

'Blood Brothers' is another song being in my top ten!I was kind of astounded they didn't play it on both 'Give me Ed 'till I'm dead' and 'Dance of Death' tours, I mean it really worked well on 'Brave New Tour', didn't it?Just listen to 'Rock in Rio'- I still have shivers and besides it probably contains the best Maiden guitar solo ever, at least Janick's best solo.

'blood Brothers'

Words can't describe the overawing emotion you can feel in this song. Brilliantly written and played. The lyrics are deeply meaningful and the tempo is just right. One of, if not, the best on the Brave New World album. 4.5 Stars.

'blood Brothers'

I love that song, especially in live where it's more powerful. The chorus is great for the public singing. Like all the lyrics from the BNW, very poetic, emotional, superb and the solo is great, I like the celtic touch.
4,5 stars

'blood Brothers'

No doubt for me : it's one of the best Maiden song ever.

I remember that during the concert, there was really a lot of feeling. Everybody was very respectful for the song. Maybe I've cried, I don't remember [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

The orchestral version on the 'wildest dreams' single is also really great, and even better in my opinion.

It's not Rock, it's not Metal : it's Music ! it's Maiden !

5 stars !

'blood Brothers'

Didn't expect the reviews and poll results I've seen of this one. I consider BB a fairly weak endeavor for Iron Maiden. I could see Dio singing this back in 1984 with keyboards and the repetitious chorus....

The guitar work is pretty first-rate though, but the lyrics are like metal syrup: Say a prayer on the book of the dead"????

'blood Brothers'

it's a great song, there's just one thing that bothers me,
the lyrics go:

Will we ever know what the answer to life really is?
Can you really tell me what life is?

but Bruce sings (live and studio version):

Will we ever know what the answer to love really is?
Can you really tell me what love is?

i myself prefer the 'love' version, it's much deeper in my opinion, 'cause love's the strongest emotion in our lives

don't you agree?

'blood Brothers'

[!--QuoteBegin-The_Wall+Aug 1 2005, 04:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_Wall @ Aug 1 2005, 04:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i myself prefer the 'love' version, it's much deeper in my opinion, 'cause love's the strongest emotion in our lives
[snapback]113749[/snapback]​
[/quote]I prefer the "life" version, as love is a part of life [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'blood Brothers'

[!--quoteo(post=128131:date=Jan 30 2006, 07:57 PM:name=Ascendancy)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Jan 30 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]128131[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I really dislike this song because it just sounds too different from all my favourite Maiden songs ('Hallowed...' 'The Trooper').
[/quote]

:: You can't really like many Maiden songs then, can you? ::

Re: 'Blood Brothers'

Beautiful song...perhaps my favourite from BNW..would rate it 4.5 stars!

Absolutely great live, especially in the RiR dvd, soft and haunting guitar melodies (Dave) and amazing lyrics once again make this a really great song for me. Also Janick's best solo/harmonies in here even though perhaps its his only solo which isn't blindingly fast!

Plus the fact that I can play most of this song (except Dave's solo) on guitar makes me love it even more :)

This is really great song. 5 stars. Nothing more can I say.
But one question: The last solo in the song, after the "Say a pray in the book of the dead", who is that genious? I think it's Maidens best solo ever! That solo makes me cry of the deep emotions and all. It's just soooo perfect!

The last solo is Janick Gers. And I agree, that solo is great - one of his best. Not the fastest, not the most complex one, but definitely one of the best.

Yup. Too bad he can't deliver it on stage.

That's the problem with Janick's live performances. He always tries to speed things up, throw in extra licks, even when the studio version of the solo was excellent in its own right. I don't understand it - he obviously has the technical skill to deliver good solos, and in studio he has come up with several memorable ones. Why then ruin it? And why ruin H's solo in Revelations, time after time?  :mad:

Back