Blaze era help?

You sound like a troll, trying to stir up things.

It sounds a little too fabricated if you ask me.

Play nice, Foro.

I've said this before, but this is a clear case of injecting bias into what you have to say. Insulting Blaze is not a good way to make an argument about how you don't care for him.

I like the albums, and I like his voice. I don't care to quantify it any further than that at this stage.

I'll be honest in saying I don't really like Blaze's voice on the Maiden albums. He sounds great on his own material but not so much on X Factor and Virtual XI.

Well, this is a little off topic...I remembered like it was yesterday the day I first listened to Virtual XI. I was working as a sound technician in mastering cds in a CD factory in Brazil and my shift started at 10:00 PM on a Sunday. So, that day I was flipping my fingers through the working orders when I read: Iron Maiden - Virtual XI. Oh my God! I couldn´t believe! I would be paid to listen to the band I most love. I put the DAT (Digital Audio Tape - a very small tape with CD quality) in the player, prepared the computer (because I would have to record a CD for the mastering process) and then hit the play button. It was terrific. I was listening to the latest Maiden CD before millions of people! I can only describe my overall impression of that time. I liked the CD very much. I've read in one post here that many people turned their backs on Maiden during that time. Too bad for them. I respect their positions and opinions but I can't understand. Maiden have always been honest with themselves and with their fans. And to finish this scribbled lines, X-Factor is a powerfull album, and Virtual XI has its highlights.
Cheers to everyody.

Nice story. But why throw in all this "turned their backs" & "respect their positions" --I just don't think the albums are that good. I'm not banishing Maiden from my life. And "Maiden have always been honest with themselves and with their fans". This just isn't relevant in respect to whether these albums have any musical merit. Maiden are very admirable (as far as we know them, looking in as fans) as people & artists/musicians --but this shouldn't cloud ones judgement as to whether TXF/XVI is or isn't as good as, say, TFF, or SiT; or for that matter compared to any other band or genre of music.

Forostar challenged us (and I do accept!); to listen carefully and give these albums a chance. I'm trying. But I can't help but think that some fans esteem some Maiden albums above others due to it being their "special" album; the album that introduced them to Maiden etc --not because it merits (musically) the lofty position they accord it. Or, at least, I'm grasping at reasons why people honestly find these albums so good.

Forostar, I'm going back over your points again --& I'm going to have a good listen. You are right --there is some great stuff. But, Blaze...

CriedWhenBrucieLeft said:
Nice story. But why throw in all this "turned their backs" & "respect their positions" --I just don't think the albums are that good. I'm not banishing Maiden from my life. And "Maiden have always been honest with themselves and with their fans". This just isn't relevant in respect to whether these albums have any musical merit. Maiden are very admirable (as far as we know them, looking in as fans) as people & artists/musicians --but this shouldn't cloud ones judgement as to whether TXF/XVI is or isn't as good as, say, TFF, or SiT; or for that matter compared to any other band or genre of music.

Agree with all this. I still went to see the band live and bought everything they put out despite not liking Blaze's voice. I still enjoyed listening to a lot of the music on TXF. And I always defended them publicly even though privately I wanted Bruce back.

Each person handled that era differently, I think. Also, it is fair to say people turned their back on the band during that period - of course, it started with Fear of the Dark, but it continued through BNW. If you don't like the Blaze-era - fine. As long as you've tried it. I'll still point you towards Silicon Messiah to try to get a proper taste of Blaze.

I was very happy to find that in my local shop. It's a great album, but his live album As Live As It Gets is better in my opinion. The version of Stare At The Sun is spectacular.

Mine was actually free. :D It was a buy 2 get one free deal.

Back