Blaze Bayley

Re: B L A Z E / Wolfsbane

Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley's web site has been updated with the following message:

"The new [BLAZE BAYLEY] album will be available in spring 2008. We are thinking of doing a limited addition of 1,000 units. If you are interested in pre-ordering a limited addition or would like more information on what will be contained on the limited addition, then please email bblimitedadditioninfo@rock.com. This is research only at this point. Thank you."

Forostar said:
Man, man, Blaze is truly a dick these days. It could be the Wolfsbane reunion, giving him the guts to gamble on two horses.

Well, he's at least treating his fans politely. A mate of mine met him after a gig (and that bastard forgot to take his autograph for me  :mad:). It was a "Rock at sea" type of gig, which obviously took place on a ship. Anyway, after the gig he'd talked to whoever wished to speak with him, he had a beer with those who wanted to and signed autographs, took pictures and was being generally nice.

Yax said:
he had a bear with those who wanted to

So, what's it like having a bear? Do you shoot them or do you just hang out and party with them?

Perun said:
So, what's it like having a bear? Do you shoot them or do you just hang out and party with them?
Yes I misspelled it. Whatever  :p.

Just got into B L A Z E a few months ago, and i currently own 'SiliconMaeeisah' and 'Tenth Dimension'- and they RULE!!!!! Heavy metal at it's best  :ok:

Roll on the new album  :yey:

Blaze Bayley will headline the Cliveaid event on March 29 at the Garage in Bergen, Norway. Also appearing on the bill are SABBAT singer Martin Walkyier, OCTAVIA SPERATI and THE BETTIES.

Other news:
Lawrence Paterson, the drummer for BLAZE BAYLEY (ex-IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE), has started a blog on the progress of the songwriting sessions for the group's new album. The follow-up to 2004's "Blood & Belief" will be recorded in February and is expected to be released late summer/early fall.

Blaze has been confirmed for the Dokk'em open-air festival, set to take place August 9, 2008 near Leeuwarden, Netherlands. The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

DIAMOND HEAD (UK)
TRAIL OF TEARS (NO)
BLAZE BAYLEY (UK)
AWAKE (UK)
VENGEANCE (NL)
ANGER AS ART (USA)
HEIDEVOLK (NL)
INCURSION DEMENTA (NL)
VORTEX (NL)
TANKARD (D)
IZEGRIM (NL)

A 54-minute audio interview with Bayley conducted on December 16, 2007 by Wolf Bayley (no relation; formerly of West Chester, PA's WCUR 91.7 FM) is available for download at this location (MP3 file, 51 MB).

Just had a look at the current tourdates for Blaze......and I might finally see him, yay!
Best thing to happen in 2008 so far, having a Blaze Bayley gig down the road from my uni flat! Just have to convince some fellows to come down too.

Blaze played the title track of his new album, The Man Who Would Not Die, live in Manchester recently. Surprisingly, a video can be found on YouTube.

The sound isn't great, but you get the idea. Not a bad song, although I thought "Sin by Sin" and "Death of a Singer" from the scrapped previous album sounded much more promising. It's very sad that those probably won't surface again.

Shadow said:
Blaze played the title track of his new album, The Man Who Would Not Die, live in Manchester recently. Surprisingly, a video can be found on YouTube.

The sound isn't great, but you get the idea. Not a bad song, although I thought "Sin by Sin" and "Death of a Singer" from the scrapped previous album sounded much more promising. It's very sad that those probably won't surface again.

Heh, awesome, Im seeing him there in May.

EPIC HEADBANGING CONCERTS, BATMAN!!!!

yeah, just saw Blaze 2 minutes ago, just got back from the gig. It was ****ing amazing. Small club too, so really, really intimate.
Firstly, I got to the concert with my mate at about 7.00pm (gig started at 7.30) and waited outside. A few minutes later, none other than Blaze pulls up in a Chrysler Voyager to drop off some of the bands gear and he starts chatting with his wife. (Awesome Blaze Meeting Number One) later on, after hes parked the car, hes comes along through the front entrance and devil horns me and my mate.
Next, the two support bands played, first Gone Till Winter, who were alright, then Voodoo Six, who were pretty good actually....the singer sounded like Solli from Psycho Motel.
Finally, Blaze's band came on.................................all I can say is  :yey:...it was fantastic, Blaze was so energetic, really getting into the songs and everyone was going crazy headbanging. Nick Bermudez was brilliant on guitar, all of the solos were perfect (I was standing right in front of him, and a little to the left of Blaze).
The setlist was as follows (although I might have missed a couple of songs, I cant remember them all):
Born as a Stranger
Speed Of Light
The Brave
The Launch
Ten Seconds
Futureal
Stare at the Sun
Tenth Dimension
Lord of the Flies
Alive
The Man Who Would Not Die (new song)
Kill and Destroy
Man on the Edge

There was a couple more songs, but I cant remember them.
Anyway, afterwards, I shook hands with Nick and Dave Bermudez and had a brief chat to Blaze and got him to sign a couple of his album sleeves, he was a really great guy, real friendly and everything. In fact, as soon as they finished
Man on the Edge
, he jumped off the stage, walked through the crowd, shaking hands, and straight to a table where a couple of people bought him drinks and he began signing and taking photographs! Its as if the guy has unlimited stamina!

Anyway, great gig, and awesome to finally meet Blaze and see him perform epic songs like
Stare at the Sun and Lord of the Flies
. Cheers once again Blaze for a great show!  :ok:

Nice! Sounds like he's back on track again. Now I'm getting curious about the upcoming album.

Ardius said:
EPIC HEADBANGING CONCERTS, BATMAN!!!!

yeah, just saw Blaze 2 minutes ago, just got back from the gig. It was ****ing amazing. Small club too, so really, really intimate.
Firstly, I got to the concert with my mate at about 7.00pm (gig started at 7.30) and waited outside. A few minutes later, none other than Blaze pulls up in a Chrysler Voyager to drop off some of the bands gear and he starts chatting with his wife. (Awesome Blaze Meeting Number One) later on, after hes parked the car, hes comes along through the front entrance and devil horns me and my mate.
Next, the two support bands played, first Gone Till Winter, who were alright, then Voodoo Six, who were pretty good actually....the singer sounded like Solli from Psycho Motel.
Finally, Blaze's band came on.................................all I can say is  :yey:...it was fantastic, Blaze was so energetic, really getting into the songs and everyone was going crazy headbanging. Nick Bermudez was brilliant on guitar, all of the solos were perfect (I was standing right in front of him, and a little to the left of Blaze).

Ardius....about what time did Blaze come on stage? Reason I ask is I'm hoping to go next Friday and need to know whether to take the afternoon off work, or whether I can get there a bit later.

national acrobat said:
Ardius....about what time did Blaze come on stage? Reason I ask is I'm hoping to go next Friday and need to know whether to take the afternoon off work, or whether I can get there a bit later.

Hmm, I think it was around 9.30 or a bit after that. The gig was finished by 11, so you can estimate by the length of the setlist. The support acts are decent though, so I wouldnt recommend missing them really. Gone Till Winter is not really anything special though. Voodoo Six put on a great show still, so if you can, defo try and see them!

Ardius said:
Hmm, I think it was around 9.30 or a bit after that. The gig was finished by 11, so you can estimate by the length of the setlist. The support acts are decent though, so I wouldnt recommend missing them really. Gone Till Winter is not really anything special though. Voodoo Six put on a great show still, so if you can, defo try and see them!
Cheers. All things considered, I reckon I can make it for about 7.30.

I saw the Blaze show here in my home town of Rijeka, Croatia a couple of weeks ago, forgot to say here anything about it. The crowd wasn't big, about 300 people, but that didn't stop the band from kicking some serious ass. The show was awesome, they played all the best track.

I actually helped the organizers, I drove the band around the town for the three days they were there, all the "new" guys (Nico, David, Jay and Lawrence) are great guys and play really well. I talked to them about the live DVD where the drummer who was in the band at the time (Rico Banderras or something like that) sucked really bad. They told me they felt the same way, he was in the band because he was the at-the-time-manager's nephew. They also said they plan to record a "proper" gig, and Lawrence (the drummer) told me that all of them are having a good time, they get along etc. Blaze spent most of his free time with his wife (who is now the manager of the band) because on a normal day he doesn't get to, but I still managed to grab a few autographs and photos with him and the guys.

The reason I came to the board today, though, is to comment on the new song, "The Man Who Would Not Die" which has been posted on the band's MySpace page. They've played it live in Rijeka (and all other dates on this tour), but I waited to hear the studio version before making any judgment about it. Now that I've heard it, I'm not too pleased. The style has been changed a bit and I think that the double bass drumming is really over the top, and the overall sound in general is a bit "overcrowded", if you understand what I'm saying. Try listening to Leap of Faith (the next song available in the site's playlist), it's much clearer. Still, this could be due to the fact that the new songs probably weren't mastered yet, so I'm hoping to get a more decent product when I buy the album.

Other opinions?

Just checked it. It's a change of style indeed. More trashy, and more Gothenburg-style. To my surprise the bass drums are not played that well. When the drummer does the double bass parts you can hear that one foot hits the drum harder than the other one.

Stylewise I like the track. It has some repetitions though and I hope that the whole album will contain more variation.

Back