Blaze Bayley

Nice song. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
Not a problem, I'm always sharing our music wherever I can, usually here it is in the, post your own music, thread in the Musicians discussion forum. But obviously with Blaze on vocal I took the opportunity to post in this thread, which I assume gets a lot more traffic.

But anyway, thanks to all who have listened, much appreciated and hope you enjoyed the tune.

As good as his trilogy was and a songs such as Calling You Home and Eagle Spirit were, reckon this new track is right up there with his underappreciated Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension stuff.

Great song and happy to hear a fuller production again \m/

Thanks for posting

Lord... it’s a solid song and an interesting concept, but it’s breaking the fourth wall way too much for me. I may not be able to get past that.

BLAZE BAYLEY ANNOUNCES ‘WAR WITHIN ME’ UK TOUR

‘War Within Me’ UK Tour 2021
September
4th Ballymena, Diamond Rock Club
10th Bridgwater, Cobblestones
11th Plymouth, Junction
12th Gloucester, Dick Whittington
18th Blackpool, Waterloo
19th Stoke, Eleven
24th Norwich, Waterfront
25th Sheffield, Corporation
October
15th Winchester, Railway
16th London, Underworld
November
13th Trecco Bay, Planetrockstock
24th Glasgow, Ivory Blacks
25th Newcastle, Trillians
26th Grimsby, Yardbirds
27th Manchester, Club Academy
December
11th Wolverhampton, KK’s Steel Mill – Big Xmas Bash

Might have to make it to two of these gigs. The Stoke gig is only down the road from me, and KK's Steel Mill is a great venue and it'll be nice to go back to my old uni city for a visit. Now I pray that the government can stick to their roadmap for christ sake.

BLAZE BAYLEY ANNOUNCES ‘WAR WITHIN ME’ UK TOUR

‘War Within Me’ UK Tour 2021
September
4th Ballymena, Diamond Rock Club
10th Bridgwater, Cobblestones
11th Plymouth, Junction
12th Gloucester, Dick Whittington
18th Blackpool, Waterloo
19th Stoke, Eleven
24th Norwich, Waterfront
25th Sheffield, Corporation
October
15th Winchester, Railway
16th London, Underworld
November
13th Trecco Bay, Planetrockstock
24th Glasgow, Ivory Blacks
25th Newcastle, Trillians
26th Grimsby, Yardbirds
27th Manchester, Club Academy
December
11th Wolverhampton, KK’s Steel Mill – Big Xmas Bash

Might have to make it to two of these gigs. The Stoke gig is only down the road from me, and KK's Steel Mill is a great venue and it'll be nice to go back to my old uni city for a visit. Now I pray that the government can stick to their roadmap for christ sake.
Might be able to make the Ballymena gig. Strange that he's playing there rather than, say, Belfast or any of the other settlements in NI that are bigger. Oh well.
Saw him at the Camden Underworld a few years ago on the last of the trilogy tours. He puts on a good show. Would be great to see him again, absolutely love Blaze. Takes the time to meet every fan who wants to meet him before the show.

"When I was in Maiden, we were at war with grunge, man," he said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET). "Grunge was trying to kill us. The U.K. press, they thought the sun shone out of various bands' bottoms, and they wanted Maiden to die. We went into the heartland of death — we played Seattle at the height of grunge, man, and it was one of the most awful gigs I've ever done. There were these people looking at us like we were some kind of dinosaur, and they were going, 'Why aren't they dead yet?' And then you've got a few rows at the front going, 'Maiden! Yes!' It's just unbelievable. And that's the war that we had with [1995's] 'The X Factor' and [1998's] 'Virtual XI'. We were fighting for the very existence of real heavy metal. And where are they now? Metal is forever, 'cause it's in the heart of fans. [..]"

Hear it from the man who was in the middle of it:
listen here:

start around 48.50: link

@Zare
@karljant
@Mosh
@Night Prowler
@Travis The Dragon

Last edited:
I’m confused, why all the tags?
Let me say they have not been that convinced about Grunge (I forgot who said exactly what; if it is no (musical) genre and/or that it had not much impact on Maiden, or whatever). Just felt it good be good (and fun) to hear Blaze shouting(!) so literally about this hahaha. :--)

Later he also talks about EMI selling all their production plants one month after he joined the band. Not a bad interview.

I thinking he's over stating grunge in a cringey way there. Maiden played Seattle on the 23rd of March 1996, which is just shy of 2 years after Cobain blew his brains out. Grunge was dead at that stage, Korn and Nu-Metal were in full swing by that stage.

Not totally dead. Albums kept selling. At least its impact, especially in the States, wasn't erased by then, was it?

Big thumbs up for the Curitiba gig inserts, it's the peak Blaze.
I have some comments on this grunge thing I'll follow it up later, still listening.

Btw, the analytical story of contemporary Maiden 'thing' being sourced from TXF era, where does it came from? Is there any chance Blaze is reiterating our brain farts :D

Re. Grunge. The term should be seen as journalist/industry/opinion maker thing. The bands are not to blame. All of them, AIC, Nirvana, Soundgarden were inspired by metal bands. When industry burst the party metal bubble, they switched to the Seattle depression bubble. Then came the nu-metal. They blew that too. Blaze and the band were fighting these corporate/media 'what's fashionable' bullshit and not the "grunge" bands.

Surely they were not fighting the bands. But the impact of these bands, and everything around it (including journalist/industry/opinion maker) on fans surely sent Maiden into the heartland of death!

1617054958976.png

Last edited:
Well yeah props to them for doing that. I don't think they made any money in playing those USA sheds, the numbers were humiliating and the crowds half hostile...

Back