Blaze Bayley

No Minnesota show. At least my dad and I did see one super amazing show from him. I'll be interested to hear how big the crowds are. Hopefully he's gained a better following in NA since our show which was less than 50 people.

I was there. I would've put the number at 25 or less that night in St. Paul. I was impressed that that fact didn't faze him--he put on an incredible, monster performance for that tiny crowd. I'm really bummed he didn't add a date for MN this time around, but if he remembered the turnout last time (although the club did virtually NO promotion on it so far as I could tell), can't really blame him for skipping.

I'm quite certain he used their name and font when I saw them in 2011.

Ah, that's a while back, buddy. I can't really claim he's en route with the Di'Anno thing yet, but given time (and desperation) - who knows?

Maybe in ten years time he'll be as despised as Paul is.

Di'Anno started out not doing any Maiden stuff from 83-86 (I think). On the second Battlezone tour I think they did some Maiden. I haven't read Paul's book in a while so I can't really say if it's from there I got that info.

I think Blaze did Maiden songs from the get go.

I think Blaze did Maiden songs from the get go.

True. He was singings songs he recorded with the band, but in later years he has goone even further.

People have been quite critical with DiAnno, but Blaze has done something that Paul never did, namely to sing Maiden songs from the time when he was not their singer.

True. He was singings songs he recorded with the band, but in later years he has goone even further.

At the start he was like Bruce only doing the songs he wrote, but then he started doing stuff like Sign of the Cross, and Jeff Singer stated this was a major reason why he left the band.

I've been listening to a couple of albums that I haven't listened to in a long while, Blood and Belief and TMWND. TMWND is better than I remember but still not great, but B+B is rubbish, worse than I remembered and I hated it at the time. Allowing his original line up to fall apart was a fatal moment in his solo career, and playing Maiden songs was a huge contribution to that. You wouldn't have even minded so much if he played on a couple of classic Maiden albums like Di'Anno had. I like TXF but let's be honest no one is rushing out to buy albums with pub band versions of Sign of the Cross on it.

Perhaps I am late with this two months old news:

Jeff Singer, who was in BLAZE and played drums on Silicon Messiah, The Tenth Dimension and As Live As It Gets, has become the new drummer in My Dying Bride! Quite a move, but a cool one nonetheless.

47497856_2109876692407511_5785532341707341824_n.jpg

Jeff Singer to drum new My Dying Bride album!!

My Dying Bride have recently had to part ways with Shaun Steels due to unresolvable drumming issues. Jeff Singer (Kill2This, Paradise Lost and Blaze amongst others) has kindly agreed to step in. Since Jeff’s addition the album has (musically) been completed and pre-production is now going great guns, lyrics and vocals are understandably still in the making but the band can prepare for the studio professionally now having 90% of the music in place and all drums complete. A quote from the band simply says “Jeff has been a light in a dark room, he breathlessly and seamlessly plays with the new music and intuitively seems to know what we're asking for, he has removed a lot of unnecessary pressure from the band in an already testing time. At last something good happens” There are no definite recording dates as yet and still no song titles or album title. But it appears the band is forging forward.

Merry Christmas indeed!!

Not really a live music video. Why? Because they're clearly not playing this song in any of the clips!

Anyway, the verses sound like mumbles, but Blaze sounds really good on the chorus parts.

Perhaps I am late with this two months old news:

Jeff Singer, who was in BLAZE and played drums on Silicon Messiah, The Tenth Dimension and As Live As It Gets, has become the new drummer in My Dying Bride! Quite a move, but a cool one nonetheless.
Great for him to find a way back into the industry after leaving Paradise Lost in 2008.

Jason Bowld, the drummer on Blood and Belief is now a member of Bullet for My Valentine btw.
http://loudwire.com/bullet-for-my-v...ge-official-jason-bowld-michael-moose-thomas/

Also a bit odd that Andy Sneap became a guitarist in Judas Priest.
http://loudwire.com/judas-priest-unsure-andy-sneap-remain-after-firepower-tour/

Last edited:
Great for him to find a way back into the industry after leaving Paradise Lost in 2008.

Jason Bowld, the drummer on Blood and Belief is now a member of Bullet for My Valentine btw.
http://loudwire.com/bullet-for-my-v...ge-official-jason-bowld-michael-moose-thomas/

Also a bit odd that Andy Sneap became a guitarist in Judas Priest.
http://loudwire.com/judas-priest-unsure-andy-sneap-remain-after-firepower-tour/
Yeah that shook up things quite a bit.

Indeed, @John Silver, Jeff Singer is not on Blood and Belief. That's a chap called Jason Bowld.

I've been getting into Blaze's Infinite Entanglement albums. I like them. I like everything Blaze does. But there is something about the production that's bugging me, and I can't put a finger on it. It's like his vocals are pushed so far up front that the guitars are just background music. Am I the only one he sees this and feels this inside of his or her bodies?

I've been getting into Blaze's Infinite Entanglement albums. [...] [T]here is something about the production that's bugging me, and I can't put a finger on it. It's like his vocals are pushed so far up front that the guitars are just background music. Am I the only one he sees this and feels this inside of his or her bodies?
No, you’re pretty much spot-on with that assessment, especially on the first Infinite Entanglement album.

I've been getting into Blaze's Infinite Entanglement albums. I like them. I like everything Blaze does. But there is something about the production that's bugging me, and I can't put a finger on it. It's like his vocals are pushed so far up front that the guitars are just background music. Am I the only one he sees this and feels this inside of his or her bodies?
Pretty much everyone agrees that the production is flawed. Doesn’t bother me much, and the music is the important thing here.

Back