Blaze Bayley

Along with this new Blaze's live album, I would like Maiden to release live records from The X Factour and Virtual XI Tour. It would complete Blaze Bayley's discography and repertoire. It would be awesome. :) And yes, like you, I regret that the 'Damaged Strange Different and Live' album will contain only one CD. :(
They should release the complete 1995 Kåren show. The probably did overdubs for the whole thing! Blaze sounded amazing on those recordings.

Kåren was a live broadcast, by the Swedish National Radio.

True and Maiden released a couple of the songs from that gig as B-sides, didn’t they? If I remember correctly (it has been ages since I last listened to them), the officially released tracks had some vocal overdubs.

If I remember correctly (it has been ages since I last listened to them), the officially released tracks had some vocal overdubs.
I haven't listened to any of those tracks other than The Evil That Men Do for a long time now, but that recording had no overdubs.

Instead, they used copy and paste and inserted Blaze's vocals from one line where he was able to sing the whole chorus, into to the other chorus parts:

Just some prime "Virtual XI" production in practice. :facepalm:

I haven't listened to any of those tracks other than The Evil That Men Do for a long time now, but that recording had no overdubs.

Instead, they used copy and paste and inserted Blaze's vocal line from one line where he was able to sing the chorus into to the other chorus parts:

They applied the same technique in Lightning Strikes Twice. :(

I stand corrected!

Steve loves that copy and paste shit, doesn’t he?

I stand corrected!

Steve loves that copy and paste shit, doesn’t he?
Listen to 3:54 on that track, that's a horrible edit on the vocals, the pasted part isn't smooth at all.

This one was really good though. I don't think it has any overdubs or edits. And the mix is much better than on any other live stuff put out during the 90's.

The songs from Kåren that were used as b-sides where Man on the Edge, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, The Evil that Men Do, Blood on the Worlds Hands and The Aftermath. Funny enough, Spotify lists them as being recorded at the outdoor venue Ullevi (55 000 people saw Maiden play there this past summer) in november… Kåren is basically a smaller hall.

Instead, they used copy and paste and inserted Blaze's vocals from one line where he was able to sing the whole chorus, into to the other chorus parts:

Just some prime "Virtual XI" production in practice. :facepalm:

The Evil That Men Do has a REALLY sloppy splice in the in the very last chorus--when he sings the final "lives on and on," it's more like, "lives/s on and on." (At 3.54) I edited it out with Audacity when I cut together a kinda-sorta TXF live album with songs that were either released live from that tour or from bootlegs that have a reasonably close sound quality to it.

I did ask Blaze once on a Q&A he held if he'd be recording any shows from his X Factor 25th Anniversary tour so we'd kind of get something close to an X Factor live album, but unfortunately he said he wasn't interested in doing that.

They should release the complete 1995 Kåren show. The probably did overdubs for the whole thing! Blaze sounded amazing on those recordings.

It would be interesting to know if that full show was ever broadcast. As far as I know, all you can find is what showed up on The Eternal Flame bootleg, which was only about half the show or thereabouts. But I agree, Blaze did sound great on that show.

I would love to have an official recording from the Blaze tours put together in nice packaging. However, it think it should only include the Blaze era material and maybe ATSS, HCW and Wrathchild. The other songs were not his finest hour.

I´d love something like that too.
An X Factor special 3 disc edition.
With all Blaze tracks like Justice Of The Peace, I Live My Way, Doctor Doctor, Judgement Day on the 2d disc and Live footage dvd on 3d.

I can tell via Google Search that you’re talking about a place in Gothenburg, but I can’t help but feel like Kåren is the alpha boss of all bitchy hypocritical middle class white women.
The swedish version anyway! ;) its actually a student hall. I bought my first engineering books right where the stage was usually placed. Blaze would play this venue again on april 10th 2001, supporting Helloween: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blaze/2001/karen-gothenburg-sweden-53f42391.html

It would be interesting to know if that full show was ever broadcast. As far as I know, all you can find is what showed up on The Eternal Flame bootleg, which was only about half the show or thereabouts. But I agree, Blaze did sound great on that show.
Here's how the recording went out in radio, complete with introduction and interviews :) Before ATSS Blaze says this is the last show at the venue before it turns into a museum, but that was obviusly wrong since Blaze himself would return 6 years later.

I would love to have an official recording from the Blaze tours put together in nice packaging. However, it think it should only include the Blaze era material and maybe ATSS, HCW and Wrathchild. The other songs were not his finest hour.
They should do a 90's box set and put Sledgehammer (1990 bootleg, used for b-sides on Fear of the Dark related singles), complete 1995 Kåren and the complete Ed Huntour set on it! I would be a great opportunity to continiue the history videos they've done so far. I don't know if they recorded anything during Virtual XI, but Blaze was at his best during those late 1995 shows anyway.

No, it was never broadcasted in full.
I think Fortunes of War was one of the songs that were removed from the broadcast. The thing went out live so you got bootlegs from that. Then it was broadcasted again later and I think some of the songs were removed. Blaze butcherd the intro. I'm sure they fixed it up in studio later for the sake of proper documentation!

Last edited:
Yeah I need a couple of Official bootlegs of that period to fill the Man on the Edge Box Set. In which right now it contains. Man on the edge Cd-single 1. Cd-single 2. The X factor Cd. Lord of the Flies Cd-single and the postcards that came with the box set. It would be cool and the fans would thank for that.

Back