Best/Worst Production

Iron Maiden is a very good song album in a very weak production album. A shame, really.

Best: Beast, 7th Son, Amolad (probably the best of them all).
Good or Very good: PoM, Powerslave, SIt, FoD.

Bad: IM, VXI.

The others in between.  :ok:

1: Piece Of Mind
2: Killers
3: Somewhere in Time
4: Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
5: Powerslave
6: Number Of The Beast
7: No Prayer For The Dying
8: Fear of The Dark
9: Brave New World
10: A Matter Of Life And Death
11: Virtual XI
12: Dance Of Death
13: X Factor
13: Iron Maiden

Some notes: A matter of life and death fullfills it's intentions. It sounds great on some songs while it could've been polished for songs like Different World. I didn't list the final frontier because whenever I listen to music I always have equalizers set so it's automatically to my liking. I havn't listened to it without the polishing but I did like the production on El Dorado. I put X factor and iron maiden as 13 because I simply can't stand either of them :p in fact it's so bad for me I tend not to play those albums because of the production. 1 to 6 would be the best and 8 to 10 gets honorable mention whilr 11 to 13 are simply the worst.

Best: Somewhere in Time
Worst: Dance of Death

That's sad because DoD is one of my favorite Maiden albums, but it's totally brickwalled.  :(

Best: Killers, TNOTB, Powerslave, FOTD, BNW, AMOLAD and Senjutsu

Not so good: NPFTD and Iron Maiden

Last edited:
1. Powerslave
2. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
3. Somewhere In Time
4. Brave New World
5. The Book Of Souls
6. Iron Maiden
7. The X Factor
8. Piece Of Mind
9. The Number Of The Beast
10. No Prayer For The Dying
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. A Matter Of Life And Death
13. Virtual XI
14. Killers
15. The Final Frontier
16. Dance Of Death

Favorites: Killers, Live After Death, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.
Worst: Their debut (obviously). And not because they're bad but The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind and Powerslave's productions are too light and too clean for my taste (songs from these albums sound several times better o Live After Death IMO).

I think @Kalata got bored, look at all these zombie threads he’s revived!

This one’s interesting, though — I’ll have to think about it.

Favorites: Brave New World, Somewhere in Time, The Number of the Beast.

Not so much: Virtual XI, The Book of Souls. Like Karljant said though, the vinyl version is less nuked. It's listenable. The debut sounds like a budget record in 1980 because that's what it was. I'll give it a pass, especially the remaster, which fixes the annoying 2 khz problem.

Best production has Killers, without a shadow of doubt.

Worst production has Iron Maiden, it sounds so dated.

Those first two records are poles apart, production-wise.

To me personally production isn't really that big of a deal. I like albums with strange sounds (St. Anger), albums with barely any production at all (Born Again, The Time Of The Oath), albums that are overproduced or with plastic production (most power/symphonic metal). It's all about the songwriting.

Back