Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Van Halen

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
For me it is the Maiden one, though I don’t have it down as one of my favourite albums by them.

But I don’t like Zeppelin at all or Sabbath until Dio joined, and for me there are two great songs on Van Halen, Running With the Devil, & Ain’t Talkin Bout Love, the rest is complete filler.

Boston - Boston without a doubt.
Listening to that album really lifts my mood, it's very rare that music does that for me. It's such a fantastic album.

It's more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play

That line is one of my all-time favourites. If you have a song you really love, when you hear it, it is indeed more than a feeling. And that's what that album is for me.

Listening to that album really lifts my mood, it's very rare that music does that for me. It's such a fantastic album.

It's more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play

That line is one of my all-time favourites. If you have a song you really love, when you hear it, it is indeed more than a feeling. And that's what that album is for me.

In my humble opinion it is, by far, the best debut album of all time. A timeless classic.

Maiden are my favourite band and the debut album is pretty good, but the Boston album does not contain turds like Charlotte the Harlot.

Last edited:
Peace of Mind is one of my top 10 songs of all time and the rest of the album isn't much lower. Glorious album.

Iron Maiden 1st.....no contest.
Not a huge fan of the other bands.
Hate Ozzy's voice.
I do like Dio era Sabbath though.

The Cars. It could be renamed "Greatest Hits vol I" at this point. Every track but one is a classic.

Among those in the poll: Van Halen, Led Zeppelin (whether the debut or, as Mosh surmises, IV/Zoso, it's the same order for me), Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath.

Whitesnake's self titled album is the best.... It's their best and one of the best albums from that year and in general. I put it along side Hysteria in terms of production and sound. Not everyone's taste but it's a solid album.

Peace of Mind is one of my top 10 songs of all time and the rest of the album isn't much lower. Glorious album.

I am listening to that album now and I wholeheartedly agree.

Now that I think of it, if I had to take 10 albums to a desert island (one per band, no live albums, no compilations), Boston would be one of them. Today the list would look as follows (in no particular order):

1. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
2. Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
3. Wishbone Ash - Argus
4. Rush - Moving Pictures
5. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Pendulum
6. Deep Purple - Machine Head
7. Boston - Boston
8. The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues
9. Accept - Balls to the Wall
10. AC/DC - Back in Black

I am listening to that album now and I wholeheartedly agree.

Now that I think of it, if I had to take 10 albums to a desert island (one per band, no live albums, no compilations), Boston would be one of them. Today the list would look as follows (in no particular order):

1. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
2. Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
3. Wishbone Ash - Argus
4. Rush - Moving Pictures
5. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Pendulum
6. Deep Purple - Machine Head
7. Boston - Boston
8. The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues
9. Accept - Balls to the Wall
10. AC/DC - Back in Black

Great list. Some choices I didn't not expect.

I blame my cellphone for all typing errors.

That's OK, I know the feeling!

Waterboys and CCR may not be very often mentioned here, though I like them a lot.

Two of my favourite bands. Thanks to my dad, I grew up with CCR. John Fogerty is one of the best songwriters of all time.

I really like most of what The Waterboys have done (the only exception is their latest album, which is a turd :lol: ) and I have seen them live 5 times (if I remember correctly). I would be seeing them again in two weeks time :)

Back