Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Van Halen

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

PieceofMind89

Educated Fool
Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen or Led Zeppelin?

For me is:

1.Black Sabbath 10/10
2.Van Halen 10/10
3.Iron Maiden 9/10
4.Led Zeppelin 9/10

Where are Queen, Angel Witch, Metallica, Danzig, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Motörhead, Whitesnake and all the others? Who made this poll? I want to talk to their supervisor.
And Dream Theater and Queensrÿche too, though they hardly have a chance to appear in the first places (especially DT).

Where are Queen, Angel Witch, Metallica, Danzig, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Motörhead, Whitesnake and all the others? Who made this poll? I want to talk to their supervisor.

LOL I know those albums are great too, but I just wanted to keep it short you know.

Some more for the hell of it, not just metal;

The doors
The smiths
Suede
David Bowie
Metallica
Fleetwood mac
Elvis Presley
Alice in chains
Rage against the machine
Ramones

Surprised Black Sabbath is leading because it's easily the weakest of the four. It has some revolutionary moments but they are still honing in on their sound. There are a lot of meandering bluesy tunes on there.

Same could be said for Zeppelin's debut, but I'm assuming the poll is referring to IV. Great album but actually not even close to a Zeppelin favorite. Just never had much of a connection to it.

First Maiden album is of course a classic and again I'm surprised it is being beat by Sabbath on a Maiden forum.

I went with Van Halen, although it was a tough call between that and Maiden. Van Halen I has no weak tracks and almost half of the album has become a staple in classic rock. It also still holds up really well and the guitar playing continues to be extremely influential.

Tbh i'm not a big fan of any of those albums except VH, it's not that i dislike any of those albums it's just that i think all those bands got significantly better the albums after. I even like Fair Warning more than the first VH album

Back