Best Overexposed Song Survivor: A Beastly Winner

Are you happy with the results?

• No, I'm sick of Maiden winning everything.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes, although I am little disappointed Run to the Hills isn't there.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Are you kidding? This sucks and so do you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May as well shut down all survivors now, there will never be a better one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adrian Smith.

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Eliminated: Peace Sells, Symphony of Destruction, Since You've Been Gone, Living After Midnight, Highway to Hell, Another One Bites the Dust, Back in Black, You've Got Another Thing Coming

Promoted: Number of the Beast, Rainbow in the Dark, Welcome to the Jungle

Eliminated: London Calling, Kashmir, Running With the Devil, Fat Bottomed Girls

Lots of movement last round.

Eliminated: Come As You Are, Money For Nothing, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions, TNT, Roxanne, Somebody to Love
Promoted: Fear of the Dark, Sweet Child O Mine, Two Minutes to Midnight

Look, I know Kiss has a shitty image and all that, but this song.... people, what's wrong with ya.

Basically, the song with the most awesome guitar harmony, the one with the coolest rhythm section, well, basically the greatest metal song of the whole bunch (VII) gets the most votes.
:nuts2:

And what is going on in VI? The supersoft, slow and honeysweet *shivers* classic by the Eagles has less votes than the dynamic Go Your Own Way with its stunning bass and solo parts! The chorus is one of the best ever as well. Maidenfans forum my ass!

Last edited:
My "tactic" for this game is to pick two favorites from each group and vote for the rest. If one of the two gets eliminated, I pick another favorite etc. In this case: Comfortably Numb, Electric Eye, Hotel California, Sultans, Rhapsody, Reaper.

Look, I know Kiss has a shitty image and all that, but this song.... people, what's wrong with ya.

Basically, the song with the most awesome guitar harmony, the one with the coolest rhythm section, well, basically the greatest metal song of the whole bunch (VII) gets the most votes.
:nuts2:
I'm with you. It's not my favourite in the group, but it is such a killer song, for the reasons you state.

Hotel California > Go Your Own Way? I find that pretty ridiculous.
I'm not a fan of Fleetwood Mac. Plus you really like a poppy rock song more than one of the best epic rock songs ever with one of the best solo sections ever? :bigsurprise: But iryo :p

I'm not a fan of Fleetwood Mac. Plus you really like a poppy rock song more than one of the best epic rock songs ever with one of the best solo sections ever? :bigsurprise: But iryo :p
That solo section on Hotel California is brilliant, as are the lyrics. Epic track.

Hotel California: Epic? This overrated country pop song? Wait a minute, on about every other forum (pop, reggae, country, you name it!) I expected this result. But certainly not on hard rock and metal forums. Go Your Own Way is so raw and real. The melodies, solo and chorus are almost unbeatable (only matched by Sultans of Swing). But the emotion on it: the best of the game.

Last edited:
Hotel California: Epic? This overrated country pop song? Wait a minute, on about every other forum (pop, reggae, country, you name it!) I expected this result. But certainly not on hard rock and metal forums.
nicholas.gif

Dunno where you hear country and pop in Hotel California. It sounds like classic rock from the 70's. Guitar harmonies sound maybe even ahead of their time. And the guitar solo is Top 5 ever at least. Can only think of Comfortably Numb as a more impressive solo.

Detroit Rock City is one of the all time great rock songs.

Hotel California annoys the hell out of me every time I hear it. I despise the vocals.

Electric Eye
Go Your Own Way
Hotel California
Immigrant Song
Closer to the Heart
The Boys Are Back in Town
Detroit Rock City
More Than a Feeling

Detroit Rock City sucks, like all Kiss songs except Black Diamond (and the Replacements cover is better than the original).

The Eagles suck. Generally.

But Hotel California is spectacular. The guitar solo (it's really a duet/alternating solo) is one of the best ever. But not the best guitar solo ever.

That would be Comfortably Numb.

Back