Best Music Video Survivor: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly does "I'll have the flambe...medium rare" mean?? It's nonsense.

That kind of error should not be tolerated in deeply profound video clip with perfect scientific sense. The way Adrian dodges that cabbage is an excellent metaphor for orbital dynamics. Anyway I hope whoever made that error got fired!

That kind of error should not be tolerated in deeply profound video clip with perfect scientific sense. The way Adrian dodges that cabbage is an excellent metaphor for orbital dynamics. Anyway I hope whoever made that error got fired!
Touche.

Also nominating "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys.

Shit, forgot them. They have great video clips. Great band.
(if someone wants a hint, please post Beastie Boys - Looking down the barrel of a gun)

Surely we have to have something by Placebo in this. I propose Pure Morning.

Also, I love the video for Ghoul - Metallicus Ex Mortis

And a nomination for Sepultura - Ratamahatta

And my finally proposal: a video that's brilliant in another sense: Meshuggah - New Millennium Cyanide Christ

I have fond memories of the Californication video. I first saw it when I was 5 years old and remember enjoying the hell out of that video game concept.

Pretty fun video.

You might not be a Linkin Park fan (I'm not either, used to be one, carries nostalgic value now) but this video is brilliant. It's quite possibly their best song as well.

Last edited:
You might not be a Linkin Park fan (I'm not either, used to be one, carries nostalgic value now) but this video is brilliant. It's quite possibly their best song as well.

I like the variety of picks so far. There are some very well made and memorable videos for music which wouldn't normally appear in survivors on this forum. I'm pleased to see Placebo's Pure Morning nominated, too, an old favourite of mine. Some bands are just very much into their videos.

Had to post it.
Shout out to Gary and Phil (Rip)
Always liked that one.
Another one I like.

We've already got Land of Confusion, but the rest are fine. Your signature is big though, @matic22 - can you change or resize it as per the rules? Thanks.

Will you take into consideration seconding nominations?

Will you take into consideration seconding nominations?

If you really want to, yeah. :p

Tell you what, since it's your birthday, I'll let you pick one video that I'll guarantee a place to. It's up to you if that's something you want to second, or a completely new nomination.

If you really want to, yeah. :p

Tell you what, since it's your birthday, I'll let you pick one video that I'll guarantee a place to. It's up to you if that's something you want to second, or a completely new nomination.
Well there's a tough decision! :p I'll have to get back to you on that one later tonight.

Not the greatest quality (there was a better version but it's blocked in my country damn it), but still powerful imagery fitting the subject:

Last edited:
Cheers! :ok: Nobody needs to post actual videos, by the way, just the band and song name is enough, I'll look them up myself.

Midnight Oil & Warumpi Band - Blackfella-Whitefella / The Dead Heart
Gorefest - For the Masses
Rush - Subdivisions
Immortal - Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back