Best Maiden-related Band

Which is your favourite Maiden-related band?

• Paul Di'Anno -General

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ASAP (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Psycho Motel (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Bruce Dickinson (Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith)

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • BLAZE (Blaze Bayley)

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Despite Bruce's solo work being awesome (AoB and CW in particular), I vote for B L A Z E, the first two albums and the live album with that material are absolutely brilliant. It's a shame that lineup fell apart, they were all top-notch musicians. Blaze getting in a fight with them, letting them leave - probably the stupidest move of his life, that lineup could have given us so much more brilliant music.

Best Maiden related Band

this is what you do

you post a band that begins with the last letter of the previous band

EX

System Of A Down

Nirvana

Atreyu

Underoath

get it???

first band

Rage Against The Machine

That's.... that's spam.
Go to madness, if someone didnt already post this game there.

Bruce's solo material is amazing. My vote goes there.
But BLAZE (especially the song "Stare at the Sun") has some pretty amazing material as well. Bruce's is just a notch better.

Moonchild33 said:
Bruce's solo material is amazing. My vote goes there.
But BLAZE (especially the song "Stare at the Sun") has some pretty amazing material as well. Bruce's is just a notch better.

I thinks it's alot on notches better, but that's me. Blaze's work is pretty great, but Bruce's is brilliant.
I'll even go as far as to say it's almost as good as some of the best Maiden albums, and definitely better then their 90's material.

Mega said:
I thinks it's alot on notches better, but that's me. Blaze's work is pretty great, but Bruce's is brilliant.
I'll even go as far as to say it's almost as good as some of the best Maiden albums, and definitely better then their 90's material.

I wanted to be polite. XD But yeah, Bruce kinda creamed Blaze's work for me. Especially his last three albums. His first three were amazing as well.

He Who Must Not Be Named said:
My vote goes to Blaze (the band). As much as some of Bruce's solo material can be great, it is not as consistent as what Blaze releases. Every single Blaze album is simply brilliant!

And it seems he gets better with each release, too.

I couldn't get into the solo Bruce stuff. I think Bruce simply belongs in Maiden, and Blaze could only truly shine to all when he stepped out of Bruce's shadows.

BLAZE and Wolfsbane aren't bad at all, but my god Bruce's solo stuff rivaled and even occasionally surpassed Maiden's 90s output in my opinion, so I have to go with him.

Also, I just absolutely LOVE Skunkworks. I know people think that's strange, but I think it is one of the coolest albums of the 90s.

Back