Best Maiden-related Band

Which is your favourite Maiden-related band?

• Paul Di'Anno -General

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ASAP (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Psycho Motel (Adrian Smith)

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Bruce Dickinson (Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith)

Votes: 57 76.0%
  • BLAZE (Blaze Bayley)

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted having never listened to any of bands mentioned above [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

my vote for ASAP. simply the best performance, sound and great songs of course

but wheres Battlezone, Skunkworks, DiAnno, Gogmagog, Urchin, Wolfsbane, Samson, Speed, Nicko McBrain (solo), Rebecca McBrain, Full Metal Rockets etc etc

[!--QuoteBegin-agdabavipain+Apr 22 2005, 06:47 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Apr 22 2005, 06:47 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]but wheres Battlezone, Skunkworks, DiAnno, Gogmagog, Urchin, Wolfsbane, Samson, Speed, Nicko McBrain (solo), Rebecca McBrain, Full Metal Rockets etc etc
[snapback]102669[/snapback]​
[/quote]

LC obviously listed only the ones that most people here are familiar with. Besides, I would not consider Urchin, Wolfsbane, Samson etc. as relevant to this list, since it obviously focusses on bands the members have been in after or while they were in Iron Maiden (the threads subtitle "Post and inbetween solo stuff!" states this quite obviously); at the time the members were in these bands, the prospect of their involvment in Iron Maiden was not even a grain of sand in the eyes of their fathers.

While I do enjoy the Killers, I had to go with Bruce & Adrian, because simply, THEY KICK ASS

I've never heard any material from B L A Z E come to think of it.

What's it like?

[span style=\'color:red\']B L A Z E[/span] is fucking amazing. Stare at the Sun is possibly one of the best metal songs of all time. Seriously, take the time to find an album or even download a song. Blaze's voice is amazing when it's with the proper tone. I can't describe it, but it blew me away.

Has no-one rememebered the pop years of Adrian Smith?? He dominated the UK pop charts for two years when H teamed up with Lee, Faye, Clare and Lisa to form "Steps". You must all remember their version of "Tragedy"? H Rocks!!!!!

I think I'll have to go for B L A Z E, for the same reasons Mav posted.

I am ignorant. I didn't even know about Bruce's solo stuff until a couple years ago.

The first one I got was Chemical Wedding; then I got his Best Of collection, the one with only one album. I am thoroughly familiar with those two by now, and just got Tyranny of Souls, which I enjoy very much, and Balls to Picasso, which I am listening to for the first time now. I also got Skunkworks and Accident of Birth, haven't listened to them yet. But as I write this I am listening to Balls to Picasso, and I like it. Of course I like it, it's Bruce.

It's a leap of faith to buy BLAZE, but after what I have read here, I probably will.

So I vote Bruce.

LionHeart-Started By:Dennis Stratton(Ex-IM,Guitar),

Les Binks(Ex-Jp,Drummer).

BLAZE is a very good band, ahving reeased some very good albums, but i still have to go with Bruce Dickinson. He has more albums out, Skunkwork, Balls to Picasso, Accident of Birth, and The Chemical Wedding are all brilliant albums. Scream for me Brazil is an awesome live album. I may even like it more that Rock in Rio...

Mine is Blaze, because Ive always liked the heavier stuff but I always found stuff that was too hard or too soft, Blaze's music captured that type of strength I was looking for, to add to that, Blaze is also my favorite vocalist, his dark voice is powerful and can be taken more seriously than many vocalists.

A.S.A.P. cuts a close second, They made amazing music, but weren't around long enough to be first.

ASAP!! Cool album, not really metal but powerfu; stuff all the same. Adrian's voice is pretty good too. dodgy mullet hairdo on the photos though.

Can I change my vote from Bruce Dickinson to BLAZE. Whenever I cast my vote the first time round I wasn't really into BLAZE but now I notice the errors of my ways. Silicon Messiah beats anything Bruce ever did IMO. It's even better then NPFTD and contains material Maiden would die for.

I often go back and forth between Bruce and BLAZE. They both have so many incredible songs and albums! I guess it usually depends on what mood I'm in. Bruce is good for when you're happy and having fun, or when you're just a little down and need a boost (plus you get some Adrian in there too!). However, I think I would have to choose BLAZE. Blaze's singing is so amazing and there isn't one song that I don't absolutely looove! Ahh, and 'Stare at the Sun', need I say more! They're my comfort band- when I'm feeling really shitty, BLAZE always helps me through. I find the songs to be more inspiring and uplifting, ya know? It's so hard to choose between all the side/solo projects, but I'm just glad that we have all of them! So much more amazing music to listen to!

Oh, yeah-
WOLFSBANE RUUUUUULLLESSS!!!!

Iv'e gone for killers just because of Paul di'anno, anything he does has got to be worth listening to.

Back