Best Live "Survivor" Songs

Best Live Survivor song

• Total voters
I'm one of the biggest moaner re set list staples in particular Wrathchild .

In light of yet another live version of the damned track (I used to love it) let's have a bit of fun and vote for our favourite live "Survivor" tracks (being polite) .

I think these are the top 10.

It's rather strange to name Hallowed, given it was not included in 2 of the last 3 tours, and, most of all, it's a masterpiece. Run to the Hills and Wrathchild may be dispensable in terms of quality, let alone Sanctuary, but Hallowed ???

Instantly, I gravitated towards 2 Minutes To Midnight and The Trooper, until I realized that this is Live "Survivor" Songs. So, then of course I have to go with Fear Of The Dark. Still incredible live - the atmosphere when everyone's singing along is still nigh unbeatable to any other Maiden song. The only other that comes close was the Blood Brothers performance from Ullevi last year.

Such an easy choice: The Trooper. The thundering intro gets me every time and it doesn't feel like the band are going through the motions when playing it (unlike NOTB/RTTH/FOTD/Hallowed).

Honorable mentions: Wrathchild. Seriously. It's fun, short, and usually serves as a nice breather between songs that aren't as well known. I don't really think Two Minutes belongs on this list because it gets fairly regular breaks, but that one is always fun live too.

I'm going for FOTD. It works so well live and gets the crowd on its side every time. Trooper is great, but hell, it's tripping-over-itself-fast live, and Bruce can't keep up these days. Wrathchild might have the reputation of stock fallback song, but it's pretty decent and energetic live.

If they need to fill a 3 minute slot at gigs why not

Holy smoke
Prowler
Man on the edge
Futureal
From here to Eternity
Judas by my guide
Gangland
Rainmaker

Any takers or still favour wrathchild?

Back