Best Iron Maiden Covers

Now, this is a shortened version. but i think they do it good justice. I have been a Coheed and Cambria fan (old stuff) for a while now. They did cover this in its entirety on a maiden cover album. they also covered this in rock in rio

Side Note: They covered Heaven and Hell when they toured with Maiden on Maiden England Tour. and it was incredible. also a good video to watch

I just stumbled across this cover of 'Powerslave' by the discount Brazilian version of The Iron Maidens called Iron Ladies:

It's a good effort I suppose. I know the singer from another couple of bands and she has a good set of pipes on her, but I'm not sure her vocals suit 'Powerslave'. Testament also did a better version.

They did a live stream on saturday to raise some money for the band because they aren't getting any without concerts during the pandemic. Was a good watch, starts at 1h35 on the video, more than 2 hours of good Maiden covers.

Pretty cool acoustic cover of The Trooper that doesn’t try to balladize it:

This is really good. Some bits don't quite click with me (the overly rapid double kicks and the growly chorus) but overall its great!

It does make you realise some of the potential heaviness that Maiden miss out on by tuning in standard. That verse is crushing!

Yeah, I can't think of any very good covers. There are some decent ones I suppose but nothing special. But that goes the other way as well. With the exception of Doctor Doctor (which is far better than the original), Maiden haven't really done any very good covers.
@Poto , I quoted you here because this is the appropriate thread.

This is one of the best Maiden covers imo (with a few different things from the original) - ''The Final Frontier'' :

I would also say that the Maiden covers of ''Women In Uniform'', ''I've Got The Fire'', ''Juanita'', ''That Girl'' and ''Doctor Doctor'' are better than the originals.

Back