Best Iron Maiden Covers

I definitely like that. It's not that different from the original but still carves out its own identity. I've always thought Purgatory was a bit of a strange number, being almost uncharacteristically aggressive and fast paced for even early Maiden, but that cover almost reveals a new side to the song. The Eb tuning fits the riffs well, although the singer isn't quite as impressive. Almost like a poor Di'Anno impersonation at times.

Bumping on old thread here, but whatever.

Elvenking (Italian Folk Metal band) have just released a cover of 'No Prayer For The Dying':

I wouldn't say this is one of the best Iron Maiden covers but it does a decent job of replicating the song. They probably should have done more to put their own slant on it though.

Bumping on old thread here, but whatever.

Elvenking (Italian Folk Metal band) have just released a cover of 'No Prayer For The Dying':

I wouldn't say this is one of the best Iron Maiden covers but it does a decent job of replicating the song. They probably should have done more to put their own slant on it though.
This was already posted and discussed in the No Prayer For The Dying song thread. Try better next time! :)

Raphael Mendes does it again. If there was any doubt The X Factor would be among Maiden's best albums ever if it was sang by Bruce here's another proof (after Sign Of The Cross, Man On The Edge and Lord Of The Flies).

@Magnus

23cbde6da4505b3dd36373f843abf1c0.gif

If there was any doubt The X Factor would be among Maiden's best albums ever if it was sang by Bruce here's another proof
It already is. I love Raphael, but the original version is way better. His Bruce-ish vocals don’t fit as well.

I have a tribute CD of underground bands covering Maiden and they are pretty much all dreadful, but for me this one stands out. Purgatory by Steel Prophet, which nicely includes Ides of March as an intro. They are playing Purgatory at a slower pace than the Maiden version and I think it suits the song really well.

On that very same tribute I believe there's a cover of Children Of The Damned by Sebastian Bach that is something! This one by Steel Prophet is also really enjoyable.

Back