Best Guitarist

cynic deserves a reward for adding Chuck Shuldiner. I need to slap myself for forgetting him.

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+May 12 2005, 11:38 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ May 12 2005, 11:38 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]
Check out his solo on Floods. It's absolutely orgasmic.
[snapback]104441[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Audiorgasmic? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Jimi Hendrix was ARGUEBLY the best guitarist ever. But this is my list...
1. Jimi Hendri
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Eddie Van Halen
4. Buck Dharma (Donald Roeser)
5. Jimmy Page
6. Michael Schenker
7. Richie Blackmore
8. Joe Perry
9. Eric Clapton
10.Rudolph Schenker

you kick ass
Stevie Ray is the absolute shit

buckethead is a bloody wanker
CC Deville rocks [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-böclöc+Apr 17 2005, 07:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(böclöc @ Apr 17 2005, 07:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Jimi Hendrix was ARGUEBLY the best guitarist ever.  But this is my list...
1. Jimi Hendri
2. Stevie Ray Vaughn
3. Eddie Van Halen
4. Buck Dharma (Donald Roeser)
5. Jimmy Page
6. Michael Schenker
7. Richie Blackmore
8. Joe Perry
9. Eric Clapton
10.Rudolph Schenker

~= Life is over in a blink of an eye, like hello and goodbye, until we meet again=~
[snapback]102339[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hmmm... Take Jimmy Page off of that list.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 13 2005, 12:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 13 2005, 12:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hmmm... Take Jimmy Page off of that list.
[snapback]108423[/snapback]​
[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!!!

I have no idea why so many people like a guy who can't play SHIT live... He HAS to be the sloppiest player ever....

[!--QuoteBegin-Aeonblade+May 18 2005, 12:24 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Aeonblade @ May 18 2005, 12:24 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Why won't it? Because you've been around longer and you assume you know more. If Blade Runner plays guitar or not has nothing to do with his judgement on a player, I don't have to play to know Steve Vai is quite possibly the best guitarist ever. Why not say I can't say Cobain is a bad player because I can't play guitar, although it's common knowledge that he sucks.
[snapback]104846[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have to say this. Fuck the technical abilities, there are so many of these technichal players around, and yet only a few of these guys that really have the ability to play guitar as an instrument, not as in another way to show off. This is music for cryin' out loud, not sports. If you like these amazingly fast players then that's your taste, if someone likes Davey or Janick then that's his opinion. It's about the music, the melody and the feel, not just the technichal abilities. I dont like Janick's playing too much, but he has his good moments as you said. And guitarists like Vai and Satriani play fast, but have at the same time great melody in their hands. I really admire that, and must add that they are brilliant guitarists, but dont think that it's all about the technichal abilities.
Sorry if there are some mistakes in my text [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] My english aint perfect, but I try.

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Hendrix
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jason Becker
Marty Friedman
Joe Stump
Michael Angelo Batio
Paul Gilbert
Herman Li
Santana
Zakk Wylde
Randy Rhoads
Murray, Smith
Me

Some Fav Rhythm Guys

Kai Hansen
Dave Mustaine
Malcolm Young

Does anyone think Roy Z is good?
BTW, did anyone notice I was gone for a while?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jul 11 2005, 06:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jul 11 2005, 06:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]BTW, did anyone notice I was gone for a while?
[snapback]111720[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yeah. Less crap on the boards.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 11 2005, 12:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 11 2005, 12:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yeah. Less crap on the boards.
[snapback]111722[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks, Mav. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-GammaShred+Jun 29 2005, 01:21 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GammaShred @ Jun 29 2005, 01:21 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Hendrix
Yngwie Malmsteen
Marty Friedman
Santana
Zakk Wylde
Randy Rhoads
Murray, Smith
Kai Hansen
Dave Mustaine
Malcolm Young
[snapback]110445[/snapback]​
[/quote]

These guys are the only dudes from your list I can say I know they rock. Angus young is really good himself.

[!--QuoteBegin-böclöc+Apr 17 2005, 06:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(böclöc @ Apr 17 2005, 06:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]But this is my list...
5. Jimmy Page
[snapback]102339[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Jun 13 2005, 11:35 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Jun 13 2005, 11:35 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hmmm... Take Jimmy Page off of that list.
[snapback]108423[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hmmm... If you've got your own opinion MG, you're free to express it. But don't tell someone else to modify their opinion because it's different from yours.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 13 2005, 12:18 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 13 2005, 12:18 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Hmmm... If you've got your own opinion MG, you're free to express it. But don't tell someone else to modify their opinion because it's different from yours.
[snapback]111847[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Just was a suggestion.

Back