Best Guitarist

Did I ever say they were bad? No, didn't think, so. I said they don't deserve to top any guitarist lists, because there are many better guitarists. I think Janick is a wanker because his skill is only a little above average, and he's farily sloppy, I'm not going to say he made Maiden bad like a few say, but he's not all that great.

Aeonblade is right. Adrian Smith is very good, Dave Murray is good too, Janick is a wanker but has been improving over the years, and none of them are gods. Maybe gods in your own world, but not among most guitar circles.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+May 17 2005, 04:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ May 17 2005, 04:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also you can't say these guitarists are bad. You don't know how talented or untalented they are out side of thier own music.
[snapback]104820[/snapback]​
[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? Their talent shows in the music they make. And if they had talent in other forms of musicl maybe they shouldnt keep their talent a secret, or else nobody will know how talented they really are.

Janick is no wankner. He is just experimenting with the songs. He has his own style and he is way above average. If you're going to make fun of Janick I suggest you look at this: [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=finger&lang=eng&link=features\' target=\'_blank\']LOOK AT THIS![/a]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+May 17 2005, 07:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ May 17 2005, 07:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Janick is no wankner. He is just experimenting with the songs. He has his own style and he is way above average. If you're going to make fun of Janick I suggest you look at this: [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=finger〈=eng&link=features\' target=\'_blank\']LOOK AT THIS![/a]
[snapback]104837[/snapback]​
[/quote]

We dont hate Janick, dumbass. We are just stating the fact that when he is compared to guitar virtuosos such as Steve Vai, Ron Thal, John Petrucci, Yngwie Malmsteen, Buckethead, Tony McAlpine, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, etc. he is an average guitar player at best. He is sloppy, he is a wanker, and his prancing around on stage sure isnt making up for his lack of skill. Listen to him fuck up the Hallowed Be Thy Name solo on Rock in Rio. Listen to him start mindlessly wanking midway through Sanctuary on Rock in Rio. Listen to his playing from No Prayer for the Dying to Virtual XI. Sure, he had his good moments, but they are outweighed by how many times he ended up sounding aweful. But over the past six years since Bruce and Adrian have joined the band, he has made awesome improvement. He is still not great or remotely close to god status, but he is on his way to becoming a great guitar player if he keeps it up.

[!--QuoteBegin-Blade Runner+May 17 2005, 07:12 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Blade Runner @ May 17 2005, 07:12 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]aweful
[snapback]104841[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You spelled awful wrong, idiot. Janick is the most entertaining on stage. He isn't making up for any skills he doesn't have. Do you even play guitar? If you don't you have no room to talk about Janick like that.

You two: Blade Runner and Aeonblade, you can gang up on me and fight all you want, but it won't do any good.

Why won't it? Because you've been around longer and you assume you know more. If Blade Runner plays guitar or not has nothing to do with his judgement on a player, I don't have to play to know Steve Vai is quite possibly the best guitarist ever. Why not say I can't say Cobain is a bad player because I can't play guitar, although it's common knowledge that he sucks.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+May 17 2005, 07:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ May 17 2005, 07:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]You spelled awful wrong idiot. Janick is the most entertaining on stage. He isn't making up for any skills he doesn't have. Do you even play guitar? If you don't you have no room to talk about Janick like that.
[snapback]104843[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You forgot to put a comma after "wrong", idiot. Yes I do play guitar, but that doesn't change anything. It doesn't matter if I am as good as Yngwie Malmsteen or as bad as Tom Delonge, I can talk about Janick's guitar playing all I want. If he did not want people to talk about his guitar playing, he should have never recorded it.

You're pathetic, you both call him a wanker when you have nothing to justify this, and blade runner, you call him a wanker and then say you dont hate him. You can slag his guitar playing off as much as you want in my eyes, if you're justifying it, but calling him a wanker is completely out of order.

You guys can't call him a wankner. You have no proof. For all we know you guys could be wankners!

You just said we should stop fighting, then you keep talking, I don't get it. No proof? Listen to him play, he's not mindblowing, he's somewhat sloppy. I knew saying that on a Maiden site would piss everyone off, but it's not right to put him on a best guitarist list, when you have the likes of Petrucci and Vai up there. Calling him a wanker might have been a bit much, but he's not that great. Mine, or Blade Runners guitar skills have nothing to do with this either, I can comment on another players skills even if he's better than me.

[!--QuoteBegin-Aeonblade+May 18 2005, 11:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Aeonblade @ May 18 2005, 11:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Listen to him play, he's not mindblowing
[snapback]104915[/snapback]​
[/quote]

If thats your opinion, say it, however he doesn't deserve to be called a wanker because of this.

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+May 19 2005, 08:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ May 19 2005, 08:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]you guys need to step away from SMX' duties.
[snapback]105016[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Excuse me?

not you, the two others were bitching at each other's spelling instead of making valid arguments.

What do you guys think of Roy Z? I love his playing in Bruce's new album.

Angus and Janick may not be "god-like", but their presentation on stage rocks. The best concert I've ever been to was an AC/DC concert. Angus was so goddamn cool...

I'd add:Alex Skolnick,James Murphy,Chuck Schuldiner,Dave Mustaine,Andy LaRocque,Jason Becker,Vinnie Moore,Jeff Loomis,Chris Broderick,Jeff Waters,Criss Oliva,Paul Masvidal,Jason Gobel.

Back