Best Eddie

Gave Live After Death Eddie a 10 as well as the 2 above. Pretty sure Remastered S/T Eddie got my only 1. Freaking hate that one.

NOTB Eddie is the quintessential Eddie for me. I like all the well drawn white haired Eddies, especially NOTB, Killers, LAD, and Breeg. I was impressed by the FOTD, TBOS and Empire Eddies too. My least favourite would be the original Eddie - poorly drawn - and the TFF ones for not being very Eddie-y. Not keen on the pseudo realistic ones either.

I voted for Trooper, Powerslave, and Aces High Eddie for 10, SiT, SSOASS, and AMOLAD as 9. If I recall correctly.

Not released on a cover, it's an inside sleeve Eddie. As much as I love that particular one.

AMOLAD-piece of mind-#of the beast Killers-dance of Death (ignore all his friends :p)....oh man hard to choose...
I'd say # of the beast by a hair. Worst ever is the tour shirt big face final frontier Eddie. Just too Ugly and non-Maiden for me . I have never worn that t shirt in public :facepalm:.

I gave 10s to Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time, Can I Play With Madness, Evil That Men Do, Fear of the Dark and Book of Souls. Don't ask me to decide which one I like the best. I can, however, confidently say which one I like the least - The BBC Archives. It's just poorly drawn and phoned in.

I don't dislike the 90s Riggs but they serve as evidence that there's no reason to start using his art again. They do seem lazy at times and often unfinished.

I did like Flight 666 though. Bummer they didn't use that artwork as the album cover.

I think Riggs certainly fell off the wagon with the artwork. That said, every studio album Eddie since the 90's has been hit or miss almost to a T...

NPFTD = meh
FOTD = good
TXF = terrible
VXI = not bad, if only it weren't for the stupid football players
BNW = awesome
DOD = terrible final product
AMOLAD = awesome
TFF = meh/lame
TBOS = meh/good

I love the TBOS Eddie, best Eddie since the 80s easily. But I wish they'd use the image on the vinyl gatefold as the cover instead (Eddie holding the heart with the Mayan backdrop).

Back