Best Drummer!

[!--QuoteBegin-huxley+Dec 23 2003, 12:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(huxley @ Dec 23 2003, 12:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] where's charlie from anthrax??? he rocks [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] anyway i love nicko but i voted for Lambardo  [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  he is god  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
Speaking of ANTHRAX - all 'THRAX fans go to their official website
www.anthrax.com
and then click on the MAXIMUS METALLUS AETEURNUS icon to vote
for your favourite songs to be RE-recorded.
Please dont click on all the obvious like 'I AM THE LAW' and 'CAUGHT IN A MOSH'
as these are too obvious and will be on the new live DVD anyway.
Go for the lesser known songs that will benefit from a makeover such as
PANIC, HOWLING FURIES or DEATHRIDER etc!

What are you waiting for!

Nicko! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Enter your name : Tarkus+Apr 8 2003, 03:33 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Enter your name : Tarkus @ Apr 8 2003, 03:33 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Where is Neil Pert ? [/quote]
Dunno. He is indeed best ever.

[!--QuoteBegin-Dark Mind+Dec 21 2003, 04:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dark Mind @ Dec 21 2003, 04:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Lars was good [/quote]
[!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

clive burr for me too but i couldnt vote for him [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would realy like to say nicko or clive. but come on guys. Face the truth the are not the best drummers in the world. John Bonham is the best drummer in the world. I am a drummer and I have seen very many giggs with both maiden and Led Zeppelin. and I got to edmit thayt John is the best drummer. sorry [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

These are my all-time drum-heroes:

For paving the way:

Buddy Rich
Gene Krupa

For the ultimate rock-heritage:

John Bonham
Cozy Powell

For action above and beyond the call of duty:

Tommy Aldridge
Dean Castronovo
Eric Singer

For complementing my favorite bands:

Nicko McBrain
Steve Smith
Scott Travis

For the ultimate sacrifice:

Eric Carr (Paul Caravello) RIP

For sheer sentiment:

Peter Criss

For "the shit":

Jeffrey Porcaro RIP
Mike Portnoy
Simon Phillips

I rest my sticks [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well I can see the up and front bias of favouring Nicko but what do I expect considering the forum I am on? To help a little bit in evening things out I vote for Morbid Angel drummer, Pete Sandoval. His double bass is crazy! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I dont like polls so:

IMO, Best Drummers are:

Nicko,
Neil Peart,
Buddy Rich,
Dave Lombardo,
John Bonham,
Morgan Rose,
Chad Smith,
Ryan Richards
and
Moose Thomas

[!--QuoteBegin-Pineapple Hunter+Oct 25 2005, 01:00 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Pineapple Hunter @ Oct 25 2005, 01:00 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I dont like polls so:

IMO, Best Drummers are:

Nicko,
Neil Peart,
Buddy Rich,
Dave Lombardo,
John Bonham,
Morgan Rose,
Chad Smith,
Ryan Richards
and
Moose Thomas
[snapback]121234[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Where is Lars Ulrich?????

I know that it has been said many times, but John Bonham is the greatest drummer the world has ever seen. If you can get hold of the Led Zeppelin DVD you'll see what I mean. After all, Zeppelin were much better live, the studio versions being just the start of 20 minute songs they launch into live. Check out the drum solo in Moby Dick, something I can never listen to on the album. I'm not a fan of drum solos, but watching Bonzo do his stuff is mesmerizing.

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Oct 26 2005, 08:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Oct 26 2005, 08:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Where is Lars Ulrich?????
[snapback]121391[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Didn't you mean: [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:red\']WHO[/span][/span] is Lars Ulrich?

[!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Oct 26 2005, 07:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Oct 26 2005, 07:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Where is Lars Ulrich?????
[snapback]121391[/snapback]​
[/quote]

He's not there for a reason [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back