Best Album Ever Survivor: Somewhere In Time wins

Vote for your least favourite album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nominating:

Paradise Lost -Icon
Tom Waits -The Black Rider
Johnny Cash -American Recordings
Rolling Stones -Voodoo Lounge (in fact one of the stronger Stones releases, ever)
Jeff Buckley -Grace
Slayer -Divine Intervention
Nirvana -MTV Unplugged
Pearl Jam -Vitalogy

For some reason I cant quite figure, Cross Purposes had never before graced my ears.
Thanks for the post Foro. Not Best Album Ever good, but quite good nonetheless, and certainly better than some on the list.

I really liked Cross Purposes. It's no Heaven and Hell, but it's an enjoyable album. Fits certain moods very well.

Giving Cross Purposes a listen. Very nice :rocker: If Tony Martin had been as known as Dio or if Dio has sung on this it would have been one of the best Sabbath releases.

Cheers guys. Too bad it probably won't make the game(?)
(now if all your comments were "secondations" ;-) )

Something else:
Will the albums with 6 votes survive this round? *suspenseful drums in the background*

Another thing is the Sad Wings of Destiny album. Apart from the title track and The Ripper there is some real stinkers on this album...I don't see how it can survive so long...

There is no title track?

That album is awesome. Every song is great. The only throwaways are those short interlude things.

To me listening to this album I would definitely see it is a very good metal album but I would never contemplate entering it as one of the best albums ever..

There is no title track?

That album is awesome. Every song is great. The only throwaways are those short interlude things.

Yeah...Well Epitaph is perhaps the worst Priest song ever. On that ground alone the album can't be considered classic.

Meh it's not that bad. I'd take Epitaph over everything on Demolition.

Nah man Prelude, Genocide and Epitaph is the proof that Priest still didn't really know what they wanted to do with themselves in 76 but they were on the right track...

I was very interested in the results of two particular albums that were huge in their time.
I'm glad to see Pyromania put in a respectable showing. The band may be a steaming pile now, but despite its pop flourishes, that remains a excellent hard rock record.
And I'm happy to see Mötley Crüe get the hate it deserves.

Pyromania is by far my favorite Def Leppard album. It's also the only one that stays consistent throughout. I think of it as a hard rock classic. Very much the same as how I see Blackout, however this forum was not very kind to it.

I'd put it at the Blackout level too.
I'm also a big fan of High and Dry. It's AC/DC minus any pretension of the blues, but it rocks from start to finish.

I like High and Dry but it's less consistent, I think. Still a close 2nd.

Back