Based on how this is worded, we very well could get a 90's history tour.

I can't even begin to fathom how you can believe that Nicko's drumming isn't crucial to Iron Maiden's sound.
My most favorite parts of their sound are Bruce and the harmonic guitar playing as well as Steve's amazing bass playing and I don't think a different drummer would change any of that.

My most favorite parts of their sound are Bruce and the harmonic guitar playing as well as Steve's amazing bass playing and I don't think a different drummer would change any of that.

Right, your favorite parts of their sound. But speaking objectively, there is no way having a different drummer in the band wouldn't change their sound overall, unless he were a clone of Mr. McBrain.

In the same way a different guitar player, singer, producer, or even studio does, a different drummer will give the band a different vibe. Mr. McBrain is one of the most unique heavy metal drummers in history. His contribution to Maiden's songwriting and sound through his technique has been stressed time and time again by the other Maiden members.

"Nicko is a fantastically athletic drummer. He always had the chops and the technique, but in Maiden he really exploded, to the point where a lot of stuff we did after he joined was then founded on his playing, all those busy patterns he does, displaying tremendous technique. It sounds daft now, but when he first joined I thought he might be a bit funky for us, because Nick can play anything. And he's tight. He's really at the front of everything, and Steve loves playing with him. Steve and Nicko used to work for hours, going over these bass and drum patterns. I mean, normal rules do not apply to either Nicko McBrain or Iron Maiden, which is why they've both always stood out." -Adrian Smith, Run To The Hills, the authorised biography p.147

I don't think they'll be doing another tour based on the 90s, since it's widely considered their commercial low point, and at this stage in their career, it's probably a bit too risky to invest in something not too many people will be enthused with. They probably have some personally bad memories from that time period that they probably wish to leave behind anyway. They're definitely going to re-release Live at Donington on DVD with the interview of course, but i wouldn't count on a huge tour backing it or anything. Maybe just as a small side project for a couple summer festivals or something, but not an all-out tour.

And so about me, it should be too risky and generate some kind of financial lows for the band while all the music industry is so unpredictable and sheer dangerous. They shall re-release the concerts from 1992/1993 on DVD with some specials but the tour is too risky in my opinion.

They unequivocally stated that this year's tour would be the last of their history related tours so it's pretty damn obvious that we won't get a 90s tour. I'm a bit disappointed by this as I've already mentioned but a Maiden show is a Maiden show so I'll take what I can get. Hopefully they'll release a new album next year and perhaps bring a few 90s classics back like 'Bring Your Daughter...To the Slaughter' and 'Sign of the Cross' for one last outing.

They also said the Maiden England tour ended in South America last year. Obviously that isn't the case.

I also don't think there will be a 90's tour, but I'd still take anything Maiden says with a grain of salt. We'll just have to wait and see.

You guys aren't going to know what hit you when they open with Crossed Eyed Mary, then slide into Virus before unveiling previously shelved material from Majesty of Gaia.

They also said the Maiden England tour ended in South America last year. Obviously that isn't the case.

I also don't think there will be a 90's tour, but I'd still take anything Maiden says with a grain of salt. We'll just have to wait and see.
They didn't actually say that the Maiden England tour ended in South America: http://ironmaiden.com/maiden-england-tour-ends-on-a-record-high-in-santiago-chile.html

The Maiden England 2013 World Tour came to a spectacular end two nights ago in Santiago, Chile, with a return to the Estadio Nacional, playing to 60,105 fans,“the largest audience by a British band ever” (La Tercera newspaper)

I might just be nitpicking but they definitely didn't say in that press release that the Maiden England tour was finished overall, only finished for that year.

If they really want to be daring,
they could do a STYX-like tour and play a few albums in their entirety!

I'm thinking ACCIDENT OF BIRTH and... well...
preferably anything besides THE ORIGINAL IRON MEN (1 or 2).

Iron Maiden the forgotten decade 90's tour
Intro- play some classical musical theme for 20 seconds
1-Be quick or be dead
2-Tailgunner
3-Holy smoke
4-Man on the edge
5-The educated fool
6-Hooks in you
7-Sign of the cross
8-Edge of darkness
9-No prayer for the dying
10-Childhoods end
11-The clansman
12-Futureal
13-Fear of the dark
14-Iron Maiden(because they always play this fucking song)
encore
15-Bring your daughter to the slaughter
16-Mother Russia
17-From here to eternity

Maiden are so going to play a set consisting of Murder one and Silicon Messiah.

No they're definitely going to play all of Metropolis Part 2. Jordans parts will be played by Janick on guitar.

Back