Based on how this is worded, we very well could get a 90's history tour.

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
I just thought of something from this:
As all our fans know, Maiden England is Part 3 in the History Trilogy of the 1980s video/DVD releases so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live.
With the '80's history trilogy ending, that might mean something for the 90's is in store next. I think there's a good possibility of it. It probably won't be a trilogy since not as much happened in the 90's, but it could work as a one time thing.

At the end of the history part 3 video it said to be continued, which is a given that there will be a tour. I'm a 100% sure they'l re-release Live at Donington.

I was thinking of the concept of a tour supporting a new album mixed with a 90's /00's theme. It could deliver a quite special set :D

I actually hope it's a 90s tour. My reaction to it will be dependant on the setlist, though. There are some really cool stuff that they can play.

Lego, I usually take statements like that made by the members with a grain of salt. There have been quite a few times in the past when they said when another tour was going to happen or when an album was going to come out and those turned out not to be true.

I sincerely doubt, so late in their career, they're going to devote an entire tour/production to their commercially (arguably muscial) least succesful decade. I was surprised when the rumors first started going around earlier this year, but if they were going to do it, now would've been the time.

Let's be honest: they only have a few years left as an operating unit. A new album and tour, and then a farewell tour (which would surely contain mostly popular songs) seem to be the only logical and pragmatic choices at this point. This summer would've been a great opportunity for a tiny, quasi-90s tour, which would've been fun, but instead they've decided to take a different route.

Hopefully a couple 90s gems crop up in future setlists, but the lack of Blaze/NPFTD material live for the past 10 years has me doubtful.

Well, considering how well Klause Mein of the Scorpions can sing who is now 65 and how well Dio sang up until the time he passed, Maiden could easily have 8-10 years left in them which leaves time for an album next year and 2 albums after that which could easily include a 90's based history tour.

I think the general thought around here, which I agree with, is that Maiden's time is based more on Nicko than any of the others. He is both the oldest of the members and the one with the most physically demanding job.

I think the general thought around here, which I agree with, is that Maiden's time is based more on Nicko than any of the others. He is both the oldest of the members and the one with the most physically demanding job.

This. Bruce can probably keep it going for many more years. Not so sure Nicko can, and I really think they will call it a day when he can't keep up any more. So, the time window for future tours isn't that many years.

Rush is still doing excellent (musically; I think the vocals get worse) and they play at least as demanding music. I don't see Peart getting in trouble soon. Maybe Maiden should go to Canada and ask some advice on how to prolong their career with another decade.

Let's be honest: they only have a few years left as an operating unit. A new album and tour, and then a farewell tour (which would surely contain mostly popular songs) seem to be the only logical and pragmatic choices at this point.
This is more or less what I envisage as well. An entire tour based solely on 90's material would be risky to say the least: it was basically their lowest point for a number of reasons (notwithstanding that they picked up Janick (!!) - the main really good thing to come out of that very dark time). Although it's part of the whole story of Maiden (and was something they somehow just needed to go through so they could come back with all guns blazing on Brave New World!) I don't think that they would want to dwell on that time for the duration of an entire tour. Maybe they will fit in a 90's section as part of some larger overall concept. I wonder if whatever farewell tour they eventually do will somehow cover the whole story of Maiden.

I said before that i don't see any problem with a 1990's tour: Look, their songs became longer so they don't need to play many songs - just 3 songs like SOTC, clansman, BYDTTS and some kind of intro makes about half hour of a gig.

That made my gut drop, and that article was published in 2012. We're screwed!
:( Yeah, it's tough to think about, but honestly, I'm glad he's being realistic. Their shows are simply too physically demanding for them to still be performing when they're all in their 60s/70s.

I said before that i don't see any problem with a 1990's tour: Look, their songs became longer so they don't need to play many songs - just 3 songs like SOTC, clansman, BYDTTS and some kind of intro makes about half hour of a gig.
I don't have any problems with it either, as as far as material goes. I've always wanted to see some Blaze/NPFTD tunes live, especially Sign of the Cross. In fact, I was hopeful that this summer was to be a 90s tour, based on some info I had from some people in the industry over in Europe. I guess all we can hope is that they'll throw a couple 90s tunes in on a future tour.

Add The Angel and the Gambler, and there goes another half hour :p

Back