AMORPHIS SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Sampo wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Better Unborn, Against Widows, On Rich & Poor, Divinity, Rusty Moon, Summer's End

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Rusty Moon - 6 votes
Summer's End - 4 votes

Promoted:
The Way
Divinity
Shining

Am Universum joins the game.
Too Much To See is a japanese bonus song.
Not in the game, but
in 2002 the band contributed to the soundtrack for the movie Menolippu Mombasaan.
The commissioned piece was a cover version of a 1976 Finnish pop hit "Kuusamo", it is currently the band's only song in their native language.

Better Unborn, and then 3 tracks from AU: Shatters Within, Crimson Wave, Veil of Sin.
I'm sure, as usual, that I voted for something I shouldn't have, for which I don't apologise at all.

I'm not too impressed by this album either, it's a completely different style to everything else. Most of the songs are too similar to each other as well. I dropped some of the songs I've been voting for from earlier in the game because they compare very favourably to most of Am Universum.

Don't like the style of Am Universum, especially the inclusion of saxophone in half of the songs... So annoying <_< Voting for Moon & Sun and everything from An Universum except for Alone, Goddess, Shatters Within and Grieve Stricken Heart.

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
The Night Is Over - 4 votes
Crimson Wave - 4 votes
Forever More - 4 votes
Veil Of Sin - 4 votes
Too Much To See - 4 votes

Castaway, Moon & Sun, Better Unborn, Drifting, Captured, Grieve. Trying to clear up the early stuff before the Tomi albums annihilate them :D

Don't get in Tomi's way. I've seen him angry and it's not a pretty sight. A photographer accidentally unplugged him on Saturday and he missed
the entire first verse and chorus of Sacrifice.
The audience sang it instead.

Last edited:
SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Grieve Stricken Heart - 5 votes
Drifting Memories - 4 votes
Captured State - 4 votes

Promoted:
Alone
Goddess (Of The Sad Man)
Shatters Within

Far From The Sun joins the game.
Last 4 songs are reissue bonus songs.
There's also another bonus that isn't in the game - an acoustic version of Far From The Sun.

I haven't been very kind to this album, I'm afraid. Planetary, Evil, Mourning, Solitude, Higher Ground, Smithereens, Follow Me..., Darkrooms, Dreams. Although their sound has developed, I find something lacklustre about this middle period of their career. The earlier stuff remaining in the game is a lot more enjoyable to listen through.

Back