Amazing power ballads by lesser known bands

I hear Breaking Benjamin on modern rock radio all the time. Hell, I could get one of their albums at Wal Mart.

By that logic, almost any band is valid for this. I know people who have never heard of Maiden; does that make them lesser known? Absolutely not.

OK Mosh, give it a rest. Everyone's made their point.

Or you can modify the title, Travis. With a title like 'Powerful ballads you'd like to recommend' no-one would have any objection.

Nice topic Fonz. I'm glad to see that there is plenty of Alter Bridge appreciation on the forum lately. :)
I''ll start checking the songs I don't know right now.

Hehe, I didn't think of them as fitting into the thread originally but if we're going onto just generally awesome ballads then yes, they have quite a few. It's one of the things I like about em, there's some downright terrible albums but Blackie is can write some truly amazing tracks.

I wouldnt put Heavens Hung in Black as a ballad myself but it is such an awesome track I'm not the slightest bit complaining about it's posting :D

These are borderline ballad to me

Forbidden - Blank
I hear so often that people just don't like the album Green. I absolutely love it. This is ballad with real power. ;)

Oh, and here's another good one. Warrior Soul - Losers. Saw them live supporting Metallica a few years back. An OK band.

Back