Adrian's 2010 pedal board settings

I know this an older thread, but I'm not sure if you're aware of the Adrian Smith Isolated tracks from the En Vivo tour? Most of them are available on YouTube (some are blocked because of country etc.), but it really does highlight some of the effects used on tracks.

H actually has 2 tubescreamers and they are incorporated into the MIDI switching somehow, I think.
Hey, I know this is an older thread, but I've been looking at making a rig similar to H's from the 2008-2010 period (Somewhere Back in Time/En Vivo).

So I understand that the JCM 2000's have 2 channels, Clean/Crunch and Lead1/Lead2. Now in the picture of the rig originally posted, there's the tubescreamer incorporated into the rig as well. Do you reckon H used it as a solo boost or to shape the sound of his amp? Because if you listen to this I can hear a rhythm patch, then a lead patch in the chorus and then his solo has a huge boost on it. Or could this have been done in post?

I also feel like some of his clean stuff on the En Vivo album is a little overdriven, which makes me think he's using the TS all the time for his amp.

Any advice would be appreciated! You seem like you really know your stuff.

Hey, I know this is an older thread, but I've been looking at making a rig similar to H's from the 2008-2010 period (Somewhere Back in Time/En Vivo).

So I understand that the JCM 2000's have 2 channels, Clean/Crunch and Lead1/Lead2. Now in the picture of the rig originally posted, there's the tubescreamer incorporated into the rig as well. Do you reckon H used it as a solo boost or to shape the sound of his amp? Because if you listen to this I can hear a rhythm patch, then a lead patch in the chorus and then his solo has a huge boost on it. Or could this have been done in post?

I also feel like some of his clean stuff on the En Vivo album is a little overdriven, which makes me think he's using the TS all the time for his amp.

Any advice would be appreciated! You seem like you really know your stuff.
I have the feeling that one of the TS's is indeed for some cleans and the other for leads, but it's impossible to tell if the TS is on all the time. Also his Goldtop has a quite high output... So... Impossible to tell.

I have the feeling that one of the TS's is indeed for some cleans and the other for leads, but it's impossible to tell if the TS is on all the time. Also his Goldtop has a quite high output... So... Impossible to tell.
So you don't think he has 2 TS's for spares? I thought he maybe had it off and kicked it on with the Ultra Gain/Lead 2 channel for his solo boost (his Ultra Gain channel being for his lead playing like harmonies etc.).

So you don't think he has 2 TS's for spares? I thought he maybe had it off and kicked it on with the Ultra Gain/Lead 2 channel for his solo boost (his Ultra Gain channel being for his lead playing like harmonies etc.).
No. There are 2. Always have been
Although, since TBOS one was replaced by Crossroads drive.

Back