Adrian Smith

This song is really on another level live. I think it benefits massively from Bruno's drum sound. The studio version sounds meh. Also H's solo is so tasty. Also, Richie sang great yesterday from what I saw so far.

Listening to the album and the EP again today, the guitar work on it is really tasty.

My favorite songs are: ''Running'', ''Scars'', ''Solar Fire'' and my most listened song, ''Better Days''.

He is still very proud of his solo in ''Man Of Sorrows'' (''one of the best I’ve done'').
^ a curious story with Roy Z about this solo:
Adrian: ''I spent ages working on a great solo for the song and when I showed it to Roy he said ‘nah, it sounds too worked out, do another off the top of your head’. I’d been working on it all day by that point! But the very next take I did was perfect and that's what we used.''

''Stranger In A Strange Land'' is not a surprise, SIT is one of his favorite albums. The other Maiden song is a more curious choice - ''Twilight Zone''... I guess because this is his first single with Maiden.

A.S.A.P.'s bonus song ''Fighting Man'' is a nice pick too. Good song. Btw, part of his solo in it is the same solo of ROTAM from Flight 666.

Psycho Motel's song ''A Quarter To Heaven'' is a song he still really like. Another good song with a great solo.

Smith/Kotzen's ''Running'' is also included. Great song.

A nice surprise is the song ''The Calling'' form Kiske's debut solo album.

#8 & #9 are interesting choices. The cover of Status Quo with Dave (unreleased) too. No song by Urchin!

Great Smith/Kotzen gig tonight in London with a superb surprise: Nicko McBrain on drums for Wasted Years and Solar Fire!

As a bonus, I got a selfie with the legendary Mick Box on my way to the tube station! :lol:

Tony Newton was also around, together with some other people from the Maiden camp like Dave Shack.

Last edited:
Great Smith/Kotzen gig tonight in London with a superb surprise: Nicko McBrain on drums for Wasted Years and Solar Fire!

As a bonus, I got a selfie with the legendary Mick Box on my way to the tube station! :lol:

Tony Newton was also around, together with some other people from the Maiden camp like Dave Shack.

What's Nicko doing in the UK?

Back