Adrian Smith

Smith/Kotzen - Better Days EP - November 26

The full track listing is:

01. Better Days
02. Got A Hold On Me
03. Hate And Love
04. Rise Again

The final two songs on the EP were recorded at Windermere on Turks & Caicos Islands in March 2020. "Better Days" and "Got A Hold On Me" followed at The House recording studio in Los Angeles in April 2021 when SMITH/KOTZEN were finally able to reconvene after lockdown and to shoot an accompanying video for the title track. As with the "Smith/Kotzen" album, the EP was produced by Richie and Adrian, and mixed by Kevin Shirley.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jer
Smith/Kotzen - Better Days EP - November 26

The full track listing is:

01. Better Days
02. Got A Hold On Me
03. Hate And Love
04. Rise Again

The final two songs on the EP were recorded at Windermere on Turks & Caicos Islands in March 2020. "Better Days" and "Got A Hold On Me" followed at The House recording studio in Los Angeles in April 2021 when SMITH/KOTZEN were finally able to reconvene after lockdown and to shoot an accompanying video for the title track. As with the "Smith/Kotzen" album, the EP was produced by Richie and Adrian, and mixed by Kevin Shirley.
Another meh song. Still cool to see H singing and having fun.

Better mixing here than on any Maiden album since BNW.

Yesterday I listened again to some of Adrian's solo stuff (mostly the Psycho Motel albums) and although I like A.S.A.P. and Urchin way more, I think there are some interesting and good things. Both vocalists were perfect for hard rock. If I have to choose a favorite song, this will be the bonus song from the debut album called ''(Can't) Wait''.

Btw, the guitar harmony in the song ''No Loss To Me'' (from the second album) is pure Maiden:

Yesterday I listened again to some of Adrian's solo stuff (mostly the Psycho Motel albums) and although I like A.S.A.P. and Urchin way more, I think there are some interesting and good things. Both vocalists were perfect for hard rock. If I have to choose a favorite song, this will be the bonus song from the debut album called ''(Can't) Wait''.

Btw, the guitar harmony in the song ''No Loss To Me'' (from the second album) is pure Maiden:

My overall impression of Psycho Motel is that it was all good stuff but if they'd carried it on any longer, would it really have stood out from the myriad of other bands doing something similar around the same time?

Apologies if this sounds like heresy to some of you :p

Last edited:
Back