Adrian Smith

More solo stuff from Adrian? Bring it on.

It is good to see him releasing new music and flexing his musical chops. It definitely beats people who spend more time talking about recording a solo album than actually doing it.

More solo stuff yes, but rather not just SmithKotzen stuff. Since the latter is now bound to continue I'm not interested in upcoming non-Maiden Smith music.

Next book please.

Well I agree, this dad rock isn't my type of music :D

Good thing I see here, I mentioned it before, about material left for Maiden...PRR was a metal album and it had several top quality riffs, when you know that TFF production didn't go exactly as Smith planned, question of whether PRR contains further developed IM15 leftovers pops up.

There's a chord sequence from Brighter Than A Thousand Suns on the outro of You Don't Know Me, and pretty sure Steve robbed it on the latest British Lion album as well :lol:
There’s also a vocal line in a later track that lifts the melody and half the lyric from part of “Tears Of The Dragon”, but the specifics aren’t coming to me at the moment.

I think this is a really cool album. I'm partial to Kotzen's Cornelllish vocals, and they marry quite well with H's more full timbre chest voice approach.

I think this is a really cool album. I'm partial to Kotzen's Cornelllish vocals, and they marry quite well with H's more full timbre chest voice approach.

I quite like the album too, although in my case I am not that fond on Kotzen's voice, particularly when he goes for the high notes.

Last edited:
Listened to it today. Good album musically, but I just do not like Kotzens vocals. He has a good voice, but there is just no emotion in it

Terrible record. I knew I wasn't going to like it, but I didn't think I would hear such a bad record. Those vocals are just ridiculous; it sounds like someone pretending to sing. And the production is awful. I'm genuinely surprised it has been released.

There’s also a vocal line in a later track that lifts the melody and half the lyric from part of “Tears Of The Dragon”, but the specifics aren’t coming to me at the moment.
It’s in “You Don’t Know Me”, and the line is “in the darkness, I romanticize my past”. It’s not in the same key, but the shape of the melodic line is super similar. Hearing “in the darkness” sung in that way makes it hard to not associate the two...

The groove of You Don't Know Me sounds like the build up of U.F.O.'s Love to Love something Maiden robbed for Lord of the Flies as well.

I'm not being critical of the track though on first listen it stood out most :lol: Love the part where the solos swap and they overlap the same phrase.

Back