Adrian Smith

Interview with Adrian from 2018:

He mentions that The Evil That Men Do started off as a slow song, but Bruce suggested a faster tempo when they got together to write. Later Steve suggested some additional bits when the band got together for rehearsals.

Interview with Adrian from 2018:

He mentions that The Evil That Men Do started off as a slow song, but Bruce suggested a faster tempo when they got together to write. Later Steve suggested some additional bits when the band got together for rehearsals.

Interesting info about TETMD. It seems Adrian wanted to write slow songs (ballad type of songs too) during the Seventh Son era - CIPWM's original version was a ballad called ''On The Wings Of Eagles'' (written by Adrian). Of course, he also wrote a fast banger, which is ''Moonchild'' (the intro of it was his idea, which is again slow... xd) :)

Adrian about the Killers era:

''There’s some old stuff on YouTube. It was a very different band then. I actually like it, we weren’t doing any epic songs then, we were doing stuff like ''Innocent Exile'', we still played ''Wrathchild'' then. It was a different band, a different vibe with Paul in it. I have fond memories, definitely. I haven’t seen Paul for years and years. I met him at a studio when I was doing my solo project.''

Adrian about the Killers era:

''There’s some old stuff on YouTube. It was a very different band then. I actually like it, we weren’t doing any epic songs then, we were doing stuff like ''Innocent Exile'', we still played ''Wrathchild'' then. It was a different band, a different vibe with Paul in it. I have fond memories, definitely. I haven’t seen Paul for years and years. I met him at a studio when I was doing my solo project.''

Thanks for sharing that interview.

Interesting info about TETMD. It seems Adrian wanted to write slow songs (ballad type of songs too) during the Seventh Son era - CIPWM's original version was a ballad called ''On The Wings Of Eagles'' (written by Adrian). Of course, he also wrote a fast banger, which is ''Moonchild'' (the intro of it was his idea, which is again slow... xd) :)
Those songs are among the most mediocre Maiden has released in the 80s. (the intro of Evil is great but the rest is awful). They would hae been even worst being slower.

Finally finished his book! I took a long break from the "work" like he always does when fishing ;--)
Kidding, I just was busy with other stuff. I really enjoyed a lot, the last part had nice chapters. Liked it when he went fishing with his brother and the recording of his Powerslave solo. Already looking forward to his next book. He really writes well and I'm sure there's more to tell!

I received my signed copy of Adrian's book today..looking forward to reading it, discovering all the fine details of H's journey and memories of Maiden but damn it, I already got couple books going so, might have to think in which order I will read.

Only just spotted that Maiden have put up a couple of videos recently. Nice to see the guys again mid-pandemic and great to see/hear Adrian playing. It's such a nice personal touch, they haven't done anything like this in ages.

Back