Adrian Smith

Finally finished his book! I took a long break from the "work" like he always does when fishing ;--)
Kidding, I just was busy with other stuff. I really enjoyed a lot, the last part had nice chapters. Liked it when he went fishing with his brother and the recording of his Powerslave solo. Already looking forward to his next book. He really writes well and I'm sure there's more to tell!
Would you say the fishing to music ratio was comparable to flying and music in Bruce’s book? Did it lean more one way or the other? I haven’t been in a hurry to read this because I assumed it would mostly be about fishing.
4:47: when you realize Dave forgot to record his solo.

In all seriousness, that was a ton of fun. Nice to see him pull out a deepcut and also just nice to hear from the band when they’re not actively selling stuff. Would love more content like that, especially when they talk about what went into the songs/the backstories

4:47: when you realize Dave forgot to record his solo.

In all seriousness, that was a ton of fun. Nice to see him pull out a deepcut and also just nice to hear from the band when they’re not actively selling stuff. Would love more content like that, especially when they talk about what went into the songs/the backstories

In fact they forgot to mix Davey’s solo as they were in a rush to finish the album.

Great. Hope he will continue with these series. And ''Gangland'' is an underrated song.

More rare songs would be great -> SIASL (especially because of the solo), Sea Of Madness, CSIT, BITV, FOTB, Sun And Steel, Infinite Dreams, OTGDY and I dare to say - ATG..., stuff from the reunion albums too. | maybe Hooks In You....

Would you say the fishing to music ratio was comparable to flying and music in Bruce’s book? Did it lean more one way or the other? I haven’t been in a hurry to read this because I assumed it would mostly be about fishing.
It's mostly fishing, with the occasional random sortie into music. But when he does talk music the insights are very interesting indeed. Compared to Bruce - no idea, I didn't analyse the content but his was a more general memoir, with the flying coming across strongly because that's just what he was into at the time. Adrian's is deliberately focused on fishing, arranged thematically by location and what sort of fish he was after at the time but don't let a lack of interest in fishing put you off: if you're interested in what makes him tick as a person then it's still a worthwhile read.

Thanks! Exactly what I was wondering about. I’ll check it out for sure, just want to set expectations. It’s cool that they’re writing about the things that interest them, even if it’s not just music. They’re probably more interesting people for it.

That was nice suprise. I would love to see more video's like that in the future. Maybe wicker man or the evil that man do.

I hope Adrian is gonna lend some vocals to this project, his singing is vastly underrated.

He is. He said in an interview that him and Kotzen shared singing duties on this album ("I did a lot of singing on a project I recorded with someone else..." or something in that style).

And Kotzen is an amazing singer in his own regard.

He is. He said in an interview that him and Kotzen shared singing duties on this album ("I did a lot of singing on a project I recorded with someone else..." or something in that style).

And Kotzen is an amazing singer in his own regard.
To be even more precise, Kotzen is great musician :D

This is amazing...

And yeah... Who the fuck is the bass player.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Billy.

Last edited:
Back