Adrian Smith

I was interested to discover that one of Adrian's "adventures" took place on the Trent at Collingham. That's very close to home for me - one of my friends used to live at Collingham in the mid-90's and I used to ride over from Gainsborough on my moped to see her, sometimes stay overnight and go to discos together. The approach to the Trent at Collingham is opposite the end of the road where she used to live.

On a more sombre note, after I read this chapter I went looking for more info on the fishing there and found this:
https://www.advnture.com/news/cromwell-weir-barbel-fishing
Tragic :(

Last edited:
Another interview with H:

At the bottom of this article are three search buttons "Adrian Smith", "Angling" and "Iron Maiden". Out of curiosity I tried clicking on "Angling" and guess what? It turns up no results except this one :lol:

That northern lass description may not be the most charitable or PC, but it made me laugh when reading the book. Probably more so because it was so unexpected in a description of a car crash :lol:

That northern lass description may not be the most charitable or PC, but it made me laugh when reading the book. Probably more so because it was so unexpected in a description of a car crash :lol:
And yet it's a sobering thought because although it seems funny put like that, if it hadn't been for that tree it might have been a case of no more Adrian ... :confused:

I read some sections of this book to my sister yesterday. She says he should have called it "Fishing Isn't Boring" :D

Sometime next year…I just hope that Portnoy doesn't play the drums on it
btw…This is the same guy who thought the coronavirus was a joke.

He made a mistake about coronavirus. So what?

Bruce did also joke about it in Russia during one of his (endless) book tour shows before we realised how serious things would get.

He made a mistake about coronavirus. So what?

.. joke about it in Russia during one of his (endless) book tour shows before someone realised how serious things would get.
Well.. It shows a certain level of carelessness some people have. Or confidence.

Last edited:
Back in early March Bruce minimised the risk of coronavirus with a lighthearted joke during one of his book tour shows in Russia. With hindsight probably not a good idea.
I think I remember someone mention it (was it here?) but can't just remember the actual joke. If he only had known what to expect..

I think I remember someone mention it (was it here?) but can't just remember the actual joke. If he only had known what to expect..

You can watch his stupid comment 1 minutinto this show:

Catching coronavirus together, what a good idea! I mean, speaking as a very fit person in his mid 40s I probably stand a much better chance than a cancer survivor in his 60s, but I’d rather dodge that bullet.

Adrian about Saxon and Ghost (click):

''Years ago we had bands like Saxon out with us – I never understood why they weren’t massive as they were great. Ghost are a very interesting and different band. I appreciate if a band opens for us these days because it means they’ve worked very hard to get to that point – and Ghost have definitely got something going on.''

I like how this is written:

"[..] Ghost have definitely got something going on.”

Yeah. Not sure what it is but yeah, there must be something. ;)

Reactions: Jer
Back