Adrian Smith

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
So in the first six years this thread existed, it totalled eight pages.
In the past four months, it's grown to 23 (not that anyone's counting). Edit: 24
I wonder what's happened? Strange.... ;-)

Can you write here the most interesting stuff from the interview, please?:)

EDIT: Ariana or Brucie, whoever :P

They talk about Primal Rock Rebellion mostly. Adrian says that they have no plans to play live, mostly because there's not enough material for that. He speaks about how he and Mikee met, wrote together and recorded, the way Mikee's background has affected his lyrics and about the video for Tortured Tone.

It's just Adrian chatting. There's a few "reflection" questions e.g. did you all imagine you'd still be in Maiden in 2012 (playing stadiums etc)? (I paraphrase); Adrian talks about some of his (more) radio friendly writing (back in the day); also talks about Steve's influences. Also in regard to Steve: the guy also mentions Steve discussing club playing (i.e. with British Lion) --& Adrian chats about this, & him & Brucie playing small venues. It was all pretty positive & (as I said) friendly. It's not that long; have a listen, if you can.

He said "Maybe if we made another album.." but didn't sound as if he was really planning to do it.

It's just Adrian chatting. There's a few "reflection" questions e.g. did you all imagine you'd still be in Maiden in 2012 (playing stadiums etc)? (I paraphrase); Adrian talks about some of his (more) radio friendly writing (back in the day); also talks about Steve's influences. Also in regard to Steve: the guy also mentions Steve discussing club playing (i.e. with British Lion) --& Adrian chats about this, & him & Brucie playing small venues. It was all pretty positive & (as I said) friendly. It's not that long; have a listen, if you can.

Are you sure we've heard the same interview? :eek:

Yeh, he sounded quite open about that. A bit, like, they don't have enough now (to tour) --they'd need another album really. But, as you say, didn't actually say (or imply) this was in the pipeline or anything.

How d'you mean? They did cover all that, did they not? I know they talked PRR too --but thought I'd mention the stuff that touched on Maiden. It was mostly PRR though.

EDIT: Yeh, it did sound like I was saying they talked a lot about Maiden. But they didn't really. What I posted was literally all he said. Although he did touch on touring.

I mean I somehow missed half the things you mentioned.
EDIT: Oh, that's because it all comes near the end of the interview and I hadn't come to the end at the time I wrote my previous post.

I really wish they could record more.

Back