Adrian Smith

Nice. In the video you can see well which vocal contributions Adrian did (I saw it best in the last string of choruses).

Well since you're on, Ariana, maybe you or someone here could help me with this. This has been driving me nuts for the past hour and I can't find any leads so I figured I'd bring it to the attention here:
adrian_2.jpg

tumblr_ma1lc2AOiX1rcx752o1_1280352x240.jpg

I found these images of Adrian, clearly not Maiden but after. Looks like it was sometime during The Untouchables maybe? The pictures look like they are from a live tv performance or live recordered something or other. The other thing that kind of clued me in on it possibly being a tv thing was that it says "Super Channel" in the corner. I wanted to see if anyone here knew what it was from? I've tried searching for anything and everything and nothing seems to clue in on anything and nothing was coming up on YouTube either so I'm completely lost and its bugging me that I can't figure it out! My brain is starting to melt! :lol:

Morning. This video is a TV documentary about The Untouchables, from 1992. It contains interview and 3 live performances. Well, I'm almost sure the 3 songs from the only known audio bootleg come from this video. I'll try and check for more info...

(re: The Untouchables) Yep, that's Adrian from that era. I got to see him in March of `92 with The Untouchables in Bradford, England. It was a great show- highlights being "Wasted Years" and "Back In The Village." Supposedly, he has an entire Untouchables live album "in the can," but never released it or any studio material. Maybe he will in the future, along with all of the other stuff he's done but not released, yet.

Cheers, Forostar! I will do so. Thanks for pointing me to that (I was hoping to get the final parts of your review, but never saw them).

Done and done!! That was a good, well-thought-out review. Top-notch and we agree on most points. As well, I was able to glance at the conversation about the Urchin records (released by High Roller Records). I have them and, knowing they are rough demos poorly recorded, I LOVE `em!! There are some classic, straightforward rock songs on them. "Little Girl," "Madman," and "Countdown" (both versions) are really good. I hadn't read that H was opposed to their release, b/c of the quality, but honestly, I probably would still have gotten them. Now, if Mr. Smith rouses himself sufficiently (said with a smile, mind you) and releases the Urchin, Skeleton Crew, Untouchables, his blues CD with Bernie Marsden, his work with Cult bassist Chris Wyse, his work with J.D. Fortune, and his stuff with Kym Mazelle (3 songs total, I've heard only 1), then heck yes I'd buy it all!!! He said that if the interest was there he'd do it, so we should start an official petition to him- we want all your unreleased Adrian Smith goodness!!!

As much as want to have all of the above properly recorded and released, I don't think it's going to happen. At least, not now or any time soon.
He could have done it a long time ago, if he wanted to. One day, when Maiden retire, he might seriously consider doing this but I doubt it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though.

Thank you Chris! Man, never heard of all these H works. Lots of it! He probably didn't like the mix enough to release it. ;-P

Ariana and all- here's a treat for you, then. Here's Adrian playing on a song with soul singer Kym Mazelle.

My understanding is that he helped write and produce the song, and he played guitar, bass, and sang on it, too. Not your typical Adrian sound, but pretty good!

Yeah, H is a bit picky. He loves his craft and takes it very seriously. I admire that dedication and attention to detail . . . especially when someone else on stage with him (cough) usually doesn't have the same professional standards. :)

Thanks again, Chris! I haven't heard this song before, I see it was very recently uploaded.

Back