Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

Any other pics or videos of this guitar? Never seen him play it live other than the video provided and this one is lip synced it seems.

Those look like loaned instruments, except for Davey's. But it seems that Davey preferred the blue ESP Strat and took that one on SOT with his 1957 and 1964 strats, while the sunburst one was just used as a miming guitar for this appearance.

Those look like loaned instruments, except for Davey's. But it seems that Davey preferred the blue ESP Strat and took that one on SOT with his 1957 and 1964 strats, while the sunburst one was just used as a miming guitar for this appearance.
Actually yesterday I talked to someone who used to own the guitar. Supposedly what he was told it was out on SOT but it was a backup for the blue one. Being that the blue one only got played for 4 or so songs I doubt this guitar made many appearances on the tour. He showed me some insurance paper work describing the guitar for when they took it out on tour.

Did Steve use the Lado Unicorn to record the Powerslave or it was only used in the Aces High official video?

Probably not. AFAIK the only album Steve didn't use his precision on all of the songs is Piece Of Mind, on which he mostly played the black Ibanez.

Btw, this is Steve pictured in 1986 with his bass synth set-up (GR-77B system) for reference (don't know if it was posted further back in this thread):

METAL_MAN_STEVE_HARRIS_AND_ROLAND_BASS_SYNTH.jpg
I think Steve could record some songs of Somewhere in Time with the Yamaha bass

Does someone knows what are these guitars from Adrian and Dave ?

The Dave's one can't be see in full, but it look like a flying V?
For Adrian, I ask for the far left guitar.

Attachments

• dave1986.jpg
    dave1986.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 75
  • adrian.jpg
    adrian.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 76
Probably just a backup guitar and not used. AFAIK he used both Lados, Goltop and the SG during world Slavery Tour.

What about Dave's one above?

It's a Rocket Roll (Rhoads variant), to be exact some kind of PL2260PL prototype in black.

Dunno, probably on Iron Maiden couple of times, same as Lado Strats and the White Squier.

AFAIK, there were 3 Rocket Rolls:

RRI: Complete Flying V-ripoff (ended in a lawsuit with Gibson)
RRII: Slightly changed designs to avoid lawsuits, in Red and Black (same with the Destroyers)
RRIII: Jackson Randy Rhoads ripoffs with tremolos.

Last edited:
The sunburst one was probably his warm-up guitar, and the guitar that he'd carry with him (to the hotel room etc) whilst on tour, the others being shipped along with the rest of his gear.

That was the blue one...

View attachment 11312
No, that one was for the encores. He used the 57 & the 64 (?) as his main guitars, the blue ESP being a backup & also used for the encores.. Obviously, just because you use a guitar onstage doesn't imply that it also cannot be used for warmup (Kirk Hammett does this all the time) , it's not uncommon to just have a dedicated setup/rig for practice.. Either way, doesn't really matter.

Btw, I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure I also saw Dave with a Seafoam Green-ish ESP Strat around this time too. Same setup as the blue one, but it had a standard Strat headstock and the fretboard had this vintage-tint lacquer on it. It might just be that my memory is playing tricks on me here, butif anyone's got pictures, please post 'em!

No, that one was for the encores. He used the 57 & the 64 (?) as his main guitars, the blue ESP being a backup & also used for the encores.. Obviously, just because you use a guitar onstage doesn't imply that it also cannot be used for warmup (Kirk Hammett does this all the time) , it's not uncommon to just have a dedicated setup/rig for practice.. Either way, doesn't really matter.

Btw, I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure I also saw Dave with a Seafoam Green-ish ESP Strat around this time too. Same setup as the blue one, but it had a standard Strat headstock and the fretboard had this vintage-tint lacquer on it. It might just be that my memory is playing tricks on me here, butif anyone's got pictures, please post 'em!

That was on SSOASS tour. That guitar was the backup for the white ESP. It can be seen in The Clairvoyant (Donnington 88) Video.

Back