Accept

Maiden, Priest, & Accept - Hell yes!
Saxon I am a fan (great live band) of but consider them more rock (like AC/DC)

Every band from these four has songs in more rock style, but Saxon are pure metal, mate. Their recent albums are very heavy, has songs almost like thrash metal style. Maybe Maiden is the less heavy (recent albums) band from these four.

Just a thought. :)

Last edited:
NP- Accept: Turn Me On

This song for me is a little underrated and do not get so much attention on this album full of great songs. Just like with Sun and Steel in POM '83. - two songs with great chorus. These 2 albums (BTTW and POM) have only two not so great songs ->

BTTW:
Fight It Back and Turn Me On.
POM: Quest For Fire and Sun and Steel.

He does to a certain extent, but in my humble opinion he lacks stage presence. On stage he looks like a puppet whose strings are being pulled by Wolf. :)

Kinda. Not forget that not everyone can have the stage presence of Bruce ;) I think the most important thing is that they continue to release quality new music with Tornillo and that's great. Accept were not active from 1996 to 2010 (*short reunion with Udo in 2005), so I think this is a BIG bonus for us, the fans. :)

Kinda. Not forget that not everyone can have the stage presence of Bruce ;) I think the most important thing is that they continue to release quality new music with Tornillo and that's great. Accept were not active from 1996 to 2010 (*short reunion with Udo in 2005), so I think this is a BIG bonus for us, the fans. :)

I got the same impression when I saw Accept with Tornillo early this year as I did when I saw Judas Priest with Ripper Owens back in 2001: the singer does a good job replacing the classic one when it comes to the vocals, but seems too controlled on stage by the band leader (Wolf in the case of Accept and Glenn Tipton in the case of Judas Priest - sorry Kenny, it is what it is, you know?).

I do not have many regrets about missing live gigs, but not seeing Accept with Udo in 2005 is DEFINITELY one of them (the other two being missing Bruce on The Chemical Wedding tour in 1998 and his festival tour in 2002).

Another song from the upcoming DVD, it's time for Breaker ..... :rocker:

I actually think that the symphony adds nothing to the songs (maybe it hurts them). Symphonic orchestra is more suitable for rock bands. Accept are only for pure metal!
The other song released with video for this DVD, Balls to the Wall, also sounded a bit out of place with orchestra.

Last edited:
I somehow missed this..... Accept already started putting down some riffs for follow-up to ''The Rise Of Chaos'' album. But they will start the real recording after the upcoming tour with symphony orchestra (in 2019) is over. These guys do not stop, that's great, since the new albums are really good.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac...ffs-for-follow-up-to-the-rise-of-chaos-album/

Meanwhile, they will release the new DVD from the Wacken show on November 23rd.

I just listened to the two bonus songs for the highly appreciated BOTN album and wow, they are great ! I know many fans consider this album to be the best one from the new albums with Tornillo (Udo also acknowledge that this album is great), but these 2 songs are better than a lot of songs from it. A potential classics I will say. It is strange, but the bands tend to keep and release very good bonus songs for the Japanese edition of a album. Anyway, the two songs are: Time Machine and Land Of The Free.

EDIT: Land Of The Free is a classic Accept !

Last edited:
That's strange. I wonder what is the reason.... this news came out of the blue.
Tired of being in Wolf's solo band maybe? That said, he strikes me as not looking terribly fit in the video above: health problems? I hope not.

Now, how about a Udo - Dieth - Fischer - Baltes - Schwartzman (or Kaufman) band ? ;)

Tired of being in Wolf's solo band maybe? That said, he strikes me as not looking terribly fit in the video above: health problems? I hope not.

Now, how about a Udo - Dieth - Fischer - Baltes - Schwartzman (or Kaufman) band ? ;)

Maybe personal decision or something. It is strange because he is one of the founding members and he is a very important member - if I'm not mistaken, he co-writes with Wolf all songs from a album (especially the new ones), well except the lyrics.

That kind of a band would be almost the same as the 80's line-up of Accept. ;)
His bass was as much a staple in the Accept sound as Wolf's licks or the heavy background vocals

Those background vocals are integral part of the band. He is a good bass player too.

Last edited:
Back