Accept

Listening to Breaker now for the first time, I beleive. I always thought of bad radio hair metal when looking at the cover...,and yes some of it is, but damn it also rocks like hell! It's pretty clear that they took a lot of inspiration from Back in Black when writing the album back in 80/81 and UDO is like the german Brian Johnson, just even more ferocious at times. The album loses some steam on side B with songs like Midnight Highway and Breaking Up Again and but side A is really killer.

Breaker is a great album. I think Accept found their true sound with this album.

Listening to Breaker now for the first time, I beleive. I always thought of bad radio hair metal when looking at the cover...,and yes some of it is, but damn it also rocks like hell! It's pretty clear that they took a lot of inspiration from Back in Black when writing the album back in 80/81 and UDO is like the german Brian Johnson, just even more ferocious at times. The album loses some steam on side B with songs like Midnight Highway and Breaking Up Again and but side A is really killer.

Oh my God, I love Son of a Bitch. Hearing Udo say, "Cocksucking mothafucker I was right!" live was God-like. I like a little under half of the songs on Breaker. Its predecessor I'm a Rebel is a bit more enjoyable (in my opinion).

Oh my God, I love Son of a Bitch. Hearing Udo say, "Cocksucking mothafucker I was right!" live was God-like. I like a little under half of the songs on Breaker. Its predecessor I'm a Rebel is a bit more enjoyable (in my opinion).

It's because of Udo that they pull off that song on the album I think. It wouldn't have worked that well for many other bands. I don't think I've heard I'm a Rebel either, gonna rectify that for sure!

To me Breaker is the first album where the band found their sound. It feels as if they were still trying to find it on I'm a Rebel.

To me Breaker is the first album where the band found their sound. It feels as if they were still trying to find it on I'm a Rebel.
I can agree with that. More of the rock n roll character of Accept was shown on I'm a Rebel. I also remember there being quite a few ballads and a few strange ones on there.

Nice to see all this sudden love for a band I thought was drastically underrated here.
Priest typifies the “classic metal” sound, but these guys and Saxon are next on the list.

PS those alternate Stalingrad covers are so much better than what they ended up with.

Yeah I only have Balls to the Wall (something I must rectify) and that's probably my second favourite track after the title track.

BTTW is a fantastic album, my favorite from Accept. Some amazing hidden gems on it like Head Over Heels, Losing More Than You've Ever Had, Losers And Winners and Guardian Of The Night. :)

Yeah I only have Balls to the Wall (something I must rectify) and that's probably my second favourite track after the title track.

Balls to the Wall is one of my favourite albums of all time. It would definitely be part of my personal top 10 desert island discs.

I would recommend you getting Restless and Wild, Breaker and Metal Heart next. ;)

Had no idea what they were chanting, I thought it was something German or even for some reason they were chanting Alsace! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When Udo sings with that strong German accent it definitely sounds as if they are about to invade Poland!

I'm planning to hear their albums in order. Just heard the first two and from a first listen the only memorable song in this first exposure is Thunder and Lightning (2nd album).

I'm planning to hear their albums in order. Just heard the first two and from a first listen the only memorable song in this first exposure is Thunder and Lightning (2nd album).
You're in for a real treat with Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall, and Metal Heart. That German Heavy/Power/Speed sound was birthed on those albums.

BTTW is a fantastic album, my favorite from Accept. Some amazing hidden gems on it like Head Over Heels, Losing More Than You've Ever Had, Losers And Winners and Guardian Of The Night. :)
Losing More Than You've Ever Had is so underrated! And Guardian of the Night too. Balls to the Wall and Metal Heart are absolutely amazing.

The first two albums are half baked, to say the least, although I would add I'm a Rebel to the list of memorable songs (it was intended for AC/DC but Accept ended recording it instead). The real magic began with their 3rd album.

What you guys think of the song 'Worlds Colliding' from their new album (The Rise Of Chaos 2017) - I think it is a classic and I find in it the old classic Accept sounding. Top 10 song for me.

Last edited:
Back